-
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmaudlin

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
WTB........manual transmission driveshaft for 70 Dart Swinger 340. 8 3/4 rear with the small yoke. Want something that is dent free.....either used needing rebuilding or rebuilt. Thanks, Ben.

Do you know the center to center length? In 2 weeks or less I'll have a real good driveshaft out of a 67 Cuda that had a 727 trans. and 8-3/4 rear. I drove the car and it didn't vibrate so I'm sure it's fine. It's a small yoke and I'm 99.9% sure 727's use the same as a 833 but I will verify that with a buddy of mine that knows 4 speeds real good. Just need you to verify the length you need as some A-bodies are 108" wheelbase and others are 111" wheelbase, plus the trans. might be a different length. I'll give you a good deal on it. The only thing it might need is a fresh set of u-joints.

'70 Darts are 111" wheelbase. When using the 8 3/4 rear the 904 and 4 speed used the same driveshaft, which was roughly 51.800".

'70 Darts are 111" wheelbase. When using the 8 3/4 rear the 904 and 4 speed used the same driveshaft, which was roughly 51.800".

I'm not up on any Mopar 4-speed trans length differences, but the 904 uses a different slip spline yoke than a 727/833.

I have a 727 driveshaft that came with the car and it is approx. 4 in. shorter than needed for the manual A-833 trans.. My interchange software shows the length, (weld to weld or center of u-joint to center of u-joint, I don't know which?), of the auto trans driveshaft as 48 in. with a tube diameter of 3 1/4 inches. the manual trans driveshaft shows as 51 31/32 in. with a tube diameter of 3 inches. Shows to be a 70-71 Dart or Scamp only for the auto, or 70-71 Dart manual whichever length with a 29 spline yoke and a removable carrier. Ben.

I imagine your interchange is referring to u-joint center to center, never heard of anyone measuring them weld to weld. I'm pretty sure the one I'm getting will be 44-1/2" center to center of the U-joints so it doesn't sound like it'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back