-
Status
Not open for further replies.

LH23H2R

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a pair of Rocker ("Valve") Covers for a small block of '70-'85 vintage .

I'd prefer the later model police 318/360 versions , as those have the oil-fill tube ( as opposed to the fill cap being 'flush' mounted ).

These MUST be affordable , and hopefully be close to 92562 ( Murrieta Ca. ) ; however , I will consider shipped items if the purchase price is reasonable .

They need not be in good condition finish-wise (e.g. , flaking , peeling paint is okay ) , but must be in usable condition structure-wise
( e.g. , no bends , twists or big dents ) .

These are going to be media-blasted and refinished , then installed on my daily driver Coronet's 318 .
I'm just tired of looking at those flaky , peeling originals ; but , I don't want to have the motor exposed to dirt and sand while for an entire work day while the replacements are being prepped .

Please e-mail me directly with your replies :
[email protected]

or send me a P.M. via this forum.

Thanks ! :drinkers:

P.S. - Chromed and-or aftermarket items will be considered if :
- their price is reasonable
- provisions for PCV , breather , and oil fill are present
- internal baffles ( non-baffled covers like to let oil sweat-out around the PCV / Breather / Oil Fill . ).

Thanks again !

I have a set of OE stockers from the late 70's. It has the flush oil thing.
It also has the mount for the vaccum amplfier on the passenger cover.
Sorry, nopictures, main computer is down.

Shipping and $5?

I have a set of OE stockers from the late 70's. It has the flush oil thing.
It also has the mount for the vaccum amplfier on the passenger cover.
Sorry, nopictures, main computer is down.

Shipping and $5?
Thanks for your reply .

The vacuum amp you're referring to ; is it the clip for the O.S.A.C. valve or for the EGR's amp ?
Also , is it a removable part/mount ?

Thnaks again :drinkers:

The bracket is spot welded on at 3 points, so removal would be easy-ish. Making it look excellent is a labor that is user dependent for it's ease.

The vacuum amplifier surplied vacuum to a few things. The heater selector inside the cabin was one of them.

Not for the EGR valve. The EGR valve, IIRC, should be on the carb itself. IF your going to run an intake with a EGR valve on it, you can simple run the unit with no vacuum line. It will stay closed with no vacuum to it. It's only open at cruise/idle and some pat throttle.

The OSCA valve on the firewall? Was connected to the carb and then to the distributor. It's function was a 15 second delay on the distributors operation. IDK about the later years.

I do not have any current diagrams of the system handy for the later years.

These are greasy covers and will need to be tanked, blasted and painted by the way. But for $5 and shipping, I figured it could be a project and maybe something that'll make it to your car. Who knows?

The bracket is spot welded on at 3 points, so removal would be easy-ish. Making it look excellent is a labor that is user dependent for it's ease.

The vacuum amplifier surplied vacuum to a few things. The heater selector inside the cabin was one of them.

Not for the EGR valve. The EGR valve, IIRC, should be on the carb itself. IF your going to run an intake with a EGR valve on it, you can simple run the unit with no vacuum line. It will stay closed with no vacuum to it. It's only open at cruise/idle and some pat throttle.

The OSCA valve on the firewall? Was connected to the carb and then to the distributor. It's function was a 15 second delay on the distributors operation. IDK about the later years.

I do not have any current diagrams of the system handy for the later years.

These are greasy covers and will need to be tanked, blasted and painted by the way. But for $5 and shipping, I figured it could be a project and maybe something that'll make it to your car. Who knows?

Thanks for your detailled reply and for answering my questions .

I now know what you're referring to regarding the vacuum pod on the pass-side cover . For whatever reason , I couldn't visualise it at first .
I plan to media-blast 'em ( after a good degreasing of course ! ) , so their appearance as they sit is no biggie .

$5 + shipping sounds reasonable . Just let me know how much shipping is to 92562 :angel4:

Thanks again !

I had a set shipped United states post office that was under $20 from mid country. Lets go with $20 shipping, $25 total? Can't be more than that cxan it? LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back