Status
Not open for further replies.

72dustyer

All go, no show
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need to tie in my subframe. anyone have a link to a good site or specs on hoe to make one. I've seen some that are pretty much 2" tube steel with a flangewelded on one side and a cannel to the other. Do I have to weld to the floorpan as well?
Jason

If you're handy with a welder, and can fab a little, you're home free. If you have to get some made up, I used Auto Rust Technicians. I beleive they're in maryland or deleware. I bought their 2x2 connectors. went in very nicely. they did come through the floor about 1/4" but with the carpet down you don't even notice it. Personally I like the connectors that come through the floor and are solidly welded it, tying the frame rails and floor pans solidly together. My 2 cents.

Thanks fastback! I have friend who works in a fab shop. I like the overlap to give it a little more strength, and I'll bet I can get some tabs made to plug-weld the floorpan into the connectors. I just didn't like the ones in Jeg's that bolt in (plus the 140$ pricetag) when a case of beer and a trade for some plumbing work will do. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back