Wtf is a caliper bushing?

-

Boduke

Reaction score
Just got new calipers and the hardware kit Comes with 2 rubber bands per side. Old timer at the parts store said they were for anti rattle.. any ideas? Ive never seen this before

E0EC650A-7469-44A2-8469-8A77A813522E.jpeg

They go in the corner of the slide part of the spindle and the caliper sits on them in the very corner, keeps them from rattling.

They go in the corner of the slide part of the spindle and the caliper sits on them in the very corner, keeps them from rattling.
I cant picture it at all.. mine has just been metal on metal.. can you show me where exactly?

C3800447-F477-47EA-8FBF-DBA257EDFC72.jpeg

3E2201AE-C8B7-4E50-9E6D-BBEA156654DA.jpeg

CA40CE59-2D5B-4D0D-A950-39BD1C3E89AF.jpeg

Throw them away.
Nobody uses them.
They don't do any good.
Don't worry about it, loose any sleep over it.

Caliper Mount Rubber silencer.jpg

In Jim's diagram up there where it points out the "caliper ways", you need to put some high temp caliper grease there to facilitate free caliper sliding, or they can bind and cause uneven pad wear.

And the pads have tabs to snug up onto calipers. I install everything then wedge a chisel between hub and brake pad the hammer and punch to tighten tabs.

And the pads have tabs to snug up onto calipers. I install everything then wedge a chisel between hub and brake pad the hammer and punch to tighten tabs.

That's a great point a lot of people either forget to do or don't know about.

In Jim's diagram up there where it points out the "caliper ways", you need to put some high temp caliper grease there to facilitate free caliper sliding, or they can bind and cause uneven pad wear.
i had no idea about this. Prob why my caliper was binding. Will antisieze work you think?

I always used Sil-Glyde and tossed every anti rattle anything I come across. I bought a giant tube of Sil-Glyde years ago and use on all types of stuff. I'm probably still only 1/3 into it.

I was always told silicone grease wouldn't contaminate pads or shoes if it got on em. Is that brake lube the same stuff?

I always used Sil-Glyde and tossed every anti rattle anything I come across. I bought a giant tube of Sil-Glyde years ago and use on all types of stuff. I'm probably still only 1/3 into it.

I was always told silicone grease wouldn't contaminate pads or shoes if it got on em. Is that brake lube the same stuff?
Plus it has that high tech description of " stays put" lol

-
Back