WTF? LPW Diff Cover problems

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
Has anyone used an LPW Ultimate-10 Diff Cover on their 8.25 axle?

I tried to install mine tonight and came across two problems:

1) The cover hits the adjuster locking bolts. I will need to clearance the cover just to get it to sit on the housing properly.

2) The cap reinforcing feet on the cover do not line up with the caps. They are partially sitting on the adjuster lock clips.

WTF???? I paid $167 for something that doesn't fit, but was suppose to be a direct fit?

:angryfir::angryfir::angryfir::angryfir::angryfir:

i wouldn't hack it, i'd return it. sure they sent you the right one?
pics?

Has anyone used an LPW Ultimate-10 Diff Cover on their 8.25 axle?

I tried to install mine tonight and came across two problems:

1) The cover hits the adjuster locking bolts. I will need to clearance the cover just to get it to sit on the housing properly.

2) The cap reinforcing feet on the cover do not line up with the caps. They are partially sitting on the adjuster lock clips.

WTF???? I paid $167 for something that doesn't fit, but was suppose to be a direct fit?

:angryfir::angryfir::angryfir::angryfir::angryfir:

Is it possible that you have it turned over? Would that make a difference?
attachment.php

I checked it, and yes it is oriented properly.

It is the correct cover, based on gasket and bolt pattern.

I can't return it. They have a 60 day return policy, and I was delayed on my build almost a year after I bought the part.

We'll see what they say..I contacted their customer service group. In the mean time, I am going to replace the adjuster lock bolts with some low profile allen head bolts to see it that clears properly. Then I'll use some prussian blue to verify where the feet are setting when the cover is actually bolted on. (I had it raised up a few mm so that I could see inside).

-
Back