WTF.... motor mount

-

rigger3006

Reaction score
doing 318 to 360 swap, ordered lh motor mount, seen it on stores computer screen, 5.9 lh motor mount for 1974 dodge dart, also fits 5.2. so i thought i'd take a chance, got it today and it's exactly the same as 318, needs about a 3/4'' spacer. is it possible to find a motor mount that goes on without spacer,or should i just return it and use my 318 mounts with spacer?

doing 318 to 360 swap, ordered lh motor mount, seen it on stores computer screen, 5.9 lh motor mount for 1974 dodge dart, also fits 5.2. so i thought i'd take a chance, got it today and it's exactly the same as 318, needs about a 3/4'' spacer. is it possible to find a motor mount that goes on without spacer,or should i just return it and use my 318 mounts with spacer?

I just used washers that fit a 3/4 headed bolt and not a problem.
Of course you could buy someone's mount made for it, but why?
If three bolts can't hold your motor down if you nail it in reverse you have bigger issue's. :D

Oh, but the way if you are using headers cut that truck mount boss off the drivers side before you get too far.
You'll cuss yourself and the car both if you don't do it.

thanks for heads up on truck mount boss, i think i'll just return it and get my 46$ cdn back

318 and 360 have diff mounts....so whats the mystery? that it said both? Which should have been a red flag anyways?

actually i was looking for a reply like i got from trail beast or possibly some positive alternative, not some backhanded smarmy remark!

image.jpg
Here's a positive post for ya

I'm glad you appreciated it. I had to run out to the garage open it up, get the lights on, dig out the battery and snap the picture and get back in and post that before somebody beat me to it.

I've run 318 mounts on a 360 with spacers for years on my old car. Car ran 12's in the 1/4. Never had any problems.

318 and 360 have diff mounts....so whats the mystery? that it said both? Which should have been a red flag anyways?

The MYSTERY is where do you buy "actual" 360 mounts? When I bought mine, "all" the current chineseoated so called "parts stores" seem to sell the same ones-----other than 360

Ive looked on autozone web site and they seems to be the same for both according to them.

Ain't nothing 2 minutes on a bandsaw and a welder would that fix

Bought some from National Moparts in Canada for a spool k member and a 340 and they fit...check with them, and it will be more than $ 46

A lot of 74 up C Bodies and B Bodies had 360's, find one of those and get the left mount and get some Energy Suspension spool inserts. That's all you need.

-
Back