WTH is this that just fell out of my /6?!

-
Possibly the core to a pcv valve? Check the one on the engine, look for a spring that fits around the outside of that-catches on the flange on the big end. If it has been replaced you don't know if the spring is sitting in the engine somewhere.

I'll just take the valve cover off before starting it up to see if there's anything else in there. I never saw any spring, and there wasn't anything on the outside of the PCV valve, so I assume you mean something else from inside the valve? Either way, better safe than sorry.

Might be the guts from a PCV Valve?????.....if so....where did the spring go???
Could pass for a HM .170.....LOL

Is it just me, or does that look like a small Victor cutting Torch tip...
someone lost and dropped

I'll bet my quarter on its being the center piece of a PCV valve.

I'll just take the valve cover off before starting it up to see if there's anything else in there. I never saw any spring, and there wasn't anything on the outside of the PCV valve, so I assume you mean something else from inside the valve? Either way, better safe than sorry.

Yes spring is inside the pcv body, outside the pintle. Very light spring, could have rusted away.

Yeah, the mystery is solved. Thanks everyone, not only for the answer, but for the laughs. Now that it's solved the answer seems obvious, but sometimes when it's staring you in the face, it's hard to see.

It's a Canueter valve.Always wondered what they looked like never seen one before.

I found better muffler bearings. Those you linked to only last for 200,000 miles, which isn't nearly as long as this /6 is going to last! I don't want to have to change those again, what a PITA.

Sure looks like a Cleco fastener to me used to hold metal in place to drill all your holes (temporary rivet)and then you come back and cold rivet.I am using them to build an airplane...
Check out this site:
http://www.rivetsonline.com/cleco.html

Sort of, but in real life, it doesn't really look like that at all. I see where you're coming from, but if I could have taken better pics, I think it'd be more clear that it's not a Cleco. Thanks though!

Well, the follow up is that there was no spring or anything else in the head. If I hadn't thrown out the old PCV remains immediately, I could have checked to see if it was still in there. It must have been, or maybe fell on the floor, but it wasn't in the motor!

Funny, I was just out taking parts off my dead 6 cyl, and accidently broke the pvc valve, and that same piece fell out, I was like... Ive seen this b4. Lmao
See, we are all learning things here. :)

I believe the PCV rattle valve is what that there piece is. I dont get the 5 bucks, but Ill be the judge!

Well, the follow up is that there was no spring or anything else in the head. If I hadn't thrown out the old PCV remains immediately, I could have checked to see if it was still in there. It must have been, or maybe fell on the floor, but it wasn't in the motor!

Good to hear. We all know the pain of having to tear something apart to be sure, but that just falls under the category of better safe than sorry.

-
Back