WWII B-17 Pilot takes one final flight

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
This video was shot almost five years ago, but with the threads about WWII on here recently, I thought it would be fitting. This officer and gentleman is an amazing example of The Greatest Generation. Even though I do not know him, I feel honored to have seen this video and I thank him and salute him for his service to his country!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKBNw4kfwNM"]WWII B-17 Pilot takes one final flight - YouTube[/ame]

A heart touching video. Thanks,I appreciate the post.

Outstanding!
Thank you for posting this and THANK YOU ALL WHO SERVED

Awesome.Thanks for posting. My father who passed away in 2003 was a gunnery officer that flew on 22 B-17 missions out of fogia, italy from 1943 to 45.

Oldschoolcuda

Those guys had a lot of guts to climb into that B-17 day after day knowing what they were going to face. So few of our WW2 guys left anymore. Thanks for the post and to all our Vets.

Wow.....I'll bet I could listen to that guy talk for a week straight. It really puts a lump in your throat when you start trying to imagine what those guys (and gals) went through, their sacrifice...wondering if they'd even make it home in one piece.

I almost started clapping at the end of that video, no joke.

Amazing person, makes a feel that freedom is not free. Another good reason to thank a vet every time you see them.

Utmost respect for that guy. I always marvel at those big bombers. The craftmanship is beautiful.

Love the old WWII war birds. My favorite is still the B25 Mitchell, though. My son recently had an opportunity to fly in a B-17 out of Jacksonville, Fl. He was thrilled.

These are the TRUE hero's. The kids today need to know when these guys went to fight at 18 or so, they didn't go for a one year tour or a few months. They for the rest of the war.
If you are any kind of a gear head, you must get to see ,hear, and if possible take a tour thru some of the planes and ships from WWII.

-
Back