X-pipe or true dual??

-

74swingerlover

Reaction score
What should I run.....
x-pipe???
h-pipe???
true dual???

what will sounds deeper and louder on 2 1/2 inch?

I have heard that true dual gets more back presseure. is that true?

Lets hear your thoughts

What do you all think of tailpipe before the back tire? or do you prefer a tailpipe at the bumper area?

Connect the pipes any way you want. The drone is brutal with straight pipes. I dump the exhaust at the axel but think the pipes should run out the back if you can do it.

From Car Craft Magazine. Finally, we swapped on the stepped X-pipe setup and were impressed to see power levels equal to the open headers: 335 hp at 6,300 hp and 302 lb-ft at 5,200. That’s a gain of 12 rear-wheel horsepower, although it turns out we weren’t really giving anything up or gaining anything extra from the open headers. So the car’s happy, and our ears are even happier!

Full article http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/exhaust_system_installation/index.html

Run em out to the bumper in front of the back wheels looks half assed as far as the other do what you can afford.

What should I run.....
x-pipe???
h-pipe???
true dual???

what will sounds deeper and louder on 2 1/2 inch?

I have heard that true dual gets more back presseure. is that true?

Lets hear your thoughts

What do you all think of tailpipe before the back tire? or do you prefer a tailpipe at the bumper area?

I have the X pipe in a 2 1/2 inch system to the back and have a slight drone at 1800-2200, not really too bad. I just turn up the radio! I see no difference in power but overall the exhaust is quieter then the duals I had before. The motor is a 9.0 318 with a small Comp cam. I have a 3 angle valve job and matching springs. Don't expect huge power gains on a small motor. If I build another I'd use the same exhaust! Well, maybe different mufflers though. Look for ones that minimize the drone effect yet still flow.

i have 3" X pipe and dynomax super turbos. i like it. i suggest an X-pipe but that the bery least you should have a H pipe.

X-pipe, out the back to either tips or hidden turn-downs.

Exhaust1.jpg

Nice,...I guess my homework phase has another chapter to read,...

If your car had tits, I would marry It...

-
Back