X pipe question

-

Marcelo Dart BR

Reaction score
Well, I must decide between an H pipe or X pipe for my exhaust. I really like the X pipe sound under acceleration.

I'm worried about the idle, I really like that lopey idle sound. Will the X pipe sound "softer" at idle?

thanks

You should use an x-pipe over an h-pipe every time unless cost is a factor and you simply can't afford an x-pipe.

If you can't afford an x-pipe it is better to run no cross over at all and save until you can have an x-pipe put in.

The sound can change a little but not enough to worry about.

The sound can change a little but not enough to worry about.

A cross over whether an H or X will have a very dramatic effect on the sound of your exhaust compared to no cross over. It will lower the over all volume and smooth out the tone.

A properly placed X will have more of an impact on power than an H but if either aren't placed correctly then it's just going to change the sound.

Thanks guys, but I'm still worried about it...
The X pipe is much smoother under acceleration, i know. But it will be that smooth at idle too or just a little bit? I may use headers, 2.5" pipes and maybe glasspacks.

Thanks guys, but I'm still worried about it...
The X pipe is much smoother under acceleration, i know. But it will be that smooth at idle too or just a little bit? I may use headers, 2.5" pipes and maybe glasspacks.

Did you. Listen to the video I posted above??? Does that sound too smooth?

I see where you are going…. Interesting question….

Ok, guys. If you were just going for a nasty sound (but staying legal) what would you run. I really don't know the answer to this one.

I see where you are going…. Interesting question….

Ok, guys. If you were just going for a nasty sound (but staying legal) what would you run. I really don't know the answer to this one.

Straight resonators with turn downs bolted on at the rear.

I do have a hedman X-pipe and thrush mufflers that I will be bolting on.
The thrush's are supposed to be comparable to the flowmaster 40's.

Yes, I did. A lot of times to be honest....lol
I don't know it's because of my crappy speakers here, but it doesn't sound like the X pipe was not there. Don't know if you got my point.

-
Back