XHD rear Leaf spring question P4452982/3

-

Done Swimmin

Reaction score
Hey All

So I ordered the XHD springs for my '68 Dart and the leaf rear loops are bigger than the originals? I ordered new bushing from MOOG, p/n K7309 but they are same as old bushings? They fall right into the spring loop
Anyone have experience with the rear spring loops being too large?
Do i need to buy oversize bushings?

No mention of different sizes in the various catalogs I consulted before ordering the leafs?

Pete

Those are B-body springs. They might be too long. Also they take a larger size bushing than A bodies. If you can even use them due to the length you’ll need b-body bushings and then a sleeve to run small diameter bolts for the A body hangers/shackles

Which province are you in ?

Those are B-body springs. They might be too long. Also they take a larger size bushing than A bodies. If you can even use them due to the length you’ll need b-body bushings and then a sleeve to run small diameter bolts for the A body hangers/shackles

Ontario! I also checked the listings that said they are B body springs but most catalogs say they are the same springs used in the A body 340 powered cars. Also, I checked the lengths and measurements to confirm they are A body sized.

Ontario! I also checked the listings that said they are B body springs but most catalogs say they are the same springs used in the A body 340 powered cars. Also, I checked the lengths and measurements to confirm they are A body sized.
Okay. Please post before and after pictures of your car. I’d really like to see the difference. I might like to change springs to gain maybe 1/2-1" increase in ride height

You are right! Even though the catalog says they are same for A" body cars they are too long. I have ordered P4120863/P4120864

You are right! Even though the catalog says they are same for A" body cars they are too long. I have ordered P4120863/P4120864
I am also curious about the before and after too on these 2800 lb ones. Please post plain side view pictures.

When you said you’ ordered’ these ones, did you get them from your local Chrysler dealership?

I think you may still have to use the bushing mentioned in post number three of this thread.

I bought them from the local chrysler dealer. it raissed the rear end up 3 inches to the factory height of 24inches.

I bought them from the local chrysler dealer. it raissed the rear end up 3 inches to the factory height of 24inches.
Thanks!. Are you happy with the outcome? (even though I know these things are all personal) Can you post before and after pictures please?

-
Back