XHD springs 69 Dart

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Looking for pics of your car with or advice on stock XHD springs with 1 inch lift for my 69 Dart. I took my old ones in last year and they installed 1 extra leaf and re ark them,lifted the rear maybe 1/2 inchdisgust. I want more lift,So what could I expect with the XHD ones.PS do not want the SS ones my Dart is not a drag car.

i had them on my dart and loved how they road! problem was the shackle angle (see my "leaf springs" thread)

so i installed SS spring but didn't fix the angle problem(thought they were to heavy)...

so im gonna put them on my 73 dart and if they do the same i'll space the rear hanger to correct the angle...

P.S. those are 28" tall tires

Attachments

• 68 Dart (56).JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 263
  • 101_4394.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 263
  • 0330111541.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 221
Mopar XHD springs with the front hanger flipped. 26" tall tire (E70-14).

DSC00979.jpg

Ok guys all I am after is more lift in the rear,I don't want to have pinion angel,shackle angel,just a drop in and go,no plans on drag racing the Dart.Thought about the shocks with the coil spring around them but not much room tail pipes very close to stock shock.Scott any problims swapping in the XHD in your fish?

Sits up nice thanks,why did ya flip the hanger to high at first.

Before I flipped the hanger the gap between the top of the tire and the fender was like the last pic in post #2.

I like my cars level.

Springs are simple to install. You can also get springs that are +1", +2" or whatever over stock.

Before I flipped the hanger the gap between the top of the tire and the fender was like the last pic in post #2.

I like my cars level.

Springs are simple to install. You can also get springs that are +1", +2" or whatever over stock.

The ones in question are +1 over stock,hows your shackle angel,all good.Thanks.Now waiting on a price est quote is like 380 for the 2.

Mopar XHD springs with the front hanger flipped. 26" tall tire (E70-14).

why are those weights on the rims on the outside, cant those go inside?
I only ask cause when I bought my car the weights where on the outside like that and painted yellow, then when I had my tires changed the guys moved the weights "for me".

Is this a style thing or what?

I only ask cause when I bought my car the weights where on the outside like that and painted yellow, then when I had my tires changed the guys moved the weights "for me".

I say yes

Have you tried balancing Bias ply tires on 40 year old wheels lately?

Actually....... We mounted and balanced them at school and our wheel weight selection (unlike a real tire shop) was limited. Eventually I will get them re-balanced and the weights moved inside.

I have plenty of paint left for touching up any damaged areas.

Have you tried balancing Bias ply tires on 40 year old wheels lately?

Actually....... We mounted and balanced them at school and our wheel weight selection (unlike a real tire shop) was limited. Eventually I will get them re-balanced and the weights moved inside.

I have plenty of paint left for touching up any damaged areas.

no I've never balanced tires, i just found some paint to do touch up. The wheels kinda make a good place for testing for good match, so its all good :)

-
Back