Xram 408 / Alston Chassis

-

GTXperience

Orig Stealth Mod
Reaction score
I don't know why but I am not big on posting pics of my cars/projects (I like to watch everyone elses I guess) but have been proded by two members to pop up pics of the progress on the 408 for the '69 Barracuda and the new Alston chassis for the '35 Plymouth.

So, the 408 is near completion. There's a pic showing the the custom solid grind cam from Comp that has been nitride-coated. The others show the Indybrock head setup and since I got a little excited at this point, I did a quick test fit on the STR12 Xram.

The other two pics are of the Alston chassis and the rear kick ups for the '35 Ply Biz Coupe. I got a screaming deal from Chris on this ... good guy.

Enjoy and have a great weekend everyone!

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

Damn dude, now my keyboard is probaly broken from all the drool!! Seriously, that is awsome. I have one of those x rams, I plan to use it one day as I think the eye candy is off the charts. Thanks for posting!!!

Damn dude, now my keyboard is probaly broken from all the drool!! Seriously, that is awsome. I have one of those x rams, I plan to use it one day as I think the eye candy is off the charts. Thanks for posting!!!

My pleasure. Yes, the Xrams have great appeal. The problem is getting them to run well on the street. I will post pics of the internal mod mockups (with the additional dams, etc.) in the near future.

You should post pics more often.

Thanks for sharing.

I would love to have a cross ram for my smallblock so keep me in mind if anyone decides to sell.

That's bitchin' Dude!

I didn't know you could bet a X-ram for a small block. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one. I still haven't decided on what I'm gonna run on my 408 yet.

Is that a cross ram on a 360 motor????
I know its stroked now but i didnt know you
could get cross ram manifolds for them?!

The SB Xrams pop up every once in awhile. There are not many floating around - even in there hey day. There score 10s across the board for cool factor but as I mentioned above, the battle is getting them to work well on a street motor. Luckily, stroking the motor helps but the STR12 has just an incredible amount of volume to deal with. In the day, these were run on high-winding 340s and ran well. There are a handfull of folks running these on the street and getting some pretty respectable performance out of them. I am glad that these few people are sharing tuning & internal mods with others trying to get them to work.

-
Back