"Xtreme Energy Computer Controlled"

-
They're designed to work within the limitations of the factory PCM programming and fuel injection system, so it doesn't start throwing codes all the time.

They're designed to work within the limitations of the factory PCM programming and fuel injection system, so it doesn't start throwing codes all the time.

Exactly.
Which tells me those are barely any different than the factory cam.

And since the Magnums never came in anything but trucks (okay, vans too), they're generally designed to enhance bottom end torque (not necessarily a terrible thing) and not higher rpm HP.

What's different?
I don't know for sure, I don't have a comp cams catalog
....but I suspect they'll have a wider lobe separation angle than a carb version. 114-116 vs 110.

Thanks everyone. Here are the specs

Advertised Intake Duration258
Advertised Exhaust Duration264
Intake Duration at .050 Inch Lift206
Exhaust Duration at .050 Inch Lift212
Intake Valve Lift0.480
Exhaust Valve Lift0.480
Lobe Separation112

Looks similar to a crate motor cam (lift wise). Someone near me is selling one nib so I'm consdering putting something like this into our valiant. It's a stock 5.9 magnum converted to carb.

Last edited:
The difference will be in the idle quality and overlap. They generate a stronger map signal which the ecu likes. So, they idle smooth and aren’t too rowdy. Still make a good improvement over the stock magnum cams.

I recently bought a 300hp crate magnum from westech that Holdener was using for dyno testing and he installed a comp 264r-14 extreme energy computer controlled cam in. Picked up a bunch of power.
4BC234A9-D457-4F03-A0CC-A2FEA16363E8.jpeg

E5D4D76B-CBD2-47D4-B809-7E3440715D67.jpeg

37A0AE92-0E0E-4263-A5CE-A40106F9FF1E.png

And since the Magnums never came in anything but trucks (okay, vans too), they're generally designed to enhance bottom end torque (not necessarily a terrible thing) and not higher rpm HP.
My 2002 Van was a one ton. Got 12 MPG hwy. Could hall any load but I could have out run in if I had on good footwear. Got rid of it still running fine little smoke on startup at 600,000 miles. Needed another trans. I guess I should have pulled the 360 out when I gave it away. A good friend was going to use it with new trans. But junked it. Bet the motor needed everything

The difference is the wider LSA [ 112 ]. The 'standard' XE cams have 110 LSA.

From what I can see 218-242 are on 110, yes the smaller ones are not.

-
Back