Year one

-

chargin'

Reaction score
Is it just me? Does anyone else find the shipping from them ridiculous? I was going to order a package tray for my '71 Dart, $35.99. Shipping $176.55. Total $212.54. Anyone else sell them?

did you try classic industries?

I got my package tray from them.

I have been getting most of my stuff from them,I couldn't see it there. I'll take another look,I'm also looking for door strikers. Any idea where I can find them?

Thanks,Sheldon.

I have ordered two things from them and swore to never use them again. Shipping took three weeks on a dip stick and a transmission pan was close to a month. Don't remember the shipping though

Is it just me? Does anyone else find the shipping from them ridiculous? I was going to order a package tray for my '71 Dart, $35.99. Shipping $176.55. Total $212.54. Anyone else sell them?

if the company will not ship by usps in the states, I won't deal with them because their shipping charges are highway robbery.. they also get a health kickback from the courier companies.. What we are paying for is not only our shipping but the "free shipping to the lower 48".

A lot of Canadians have a drop site close to the border, Maine for you, then have it shipped at a much lower rate. I have even calculated that it sometimes cheaper to ship the product to me than one of the 'states but I gather we are such a small market that we are not on their radar..

Thank goodness not all American companies like this..

In my 4 years of restore, I have never bought from summet, jegs , rock auto and I can go on..I still have bougth the stff... there is a great company I deal with in the states..but I guess my business isn't important enough..

..and I am a whiny Canadian :)

I apologize for my rant... this has been a topic before and never resolved... it is what it is. Until we are considered an important market, we will be shunned..

There are a couple companies in Ontario and out west that sells mopar bits like what you are asking..

i never buy from year one unless its something i do not seem to find anywhere else or nobody else carries it. I even look on ebay before i look at year one.

Found the package tray at classic,$20.00 shipping compared to $176.55. Ordered more parts,with the money saved in shipping!

I have had good luck at classic2current. Great parts and very reasonable prices.

I made that mistake once with year one , and never again, especially if you are a Canadian .I would do without if they were the only people that had one .The shipping is just a no need as far as i am concerned , .

I purchased one from NOS Reproductions ,Ontario, great people to deal with .I purchased it and shipped to New Brunswick , for about 80 dollars .

Get on Year One's email list. They send out discount codes regularly. Every Wednesday is 30% off day. Makes up for their shipping charges. Some items are exempt from discounts, however.

FYI, they have a discount code ending midight tonight (Sunday, 2/23) for 30% off. The code is RACE14.

I ordered some small stuff from Rock Auto(hood to cowl seal, hood to rad seal, trunk weatherstrip, and hood bumper set)shipping was just under $7.50. Looked up the same stuff on year one and shipping was just over $18.50.

I have my stuff shipped to Niagara Fall NY and pick it up there, maybe that's why I didn't think shipping was bad because it didn't have to cross the border. I know the only time I had stuff come across was from Year One and I learned my lesson fast.

-
Back