Yes Alice, It Does Snow In Southern California!

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just in case any of y'all were doubting if we really did get snow in SoCal...this is a pic my daughter took yesterday from the conference room at her work

SnowPic_030123.jpeg

The highest peak is Mount San Antonio (locally known as Mt. Baldy) at 10,064 feet at the peak.
The pic is from north Orange County...about 2 hours from the ski slopes and about 40 minutes from the beach.

You really can both ski and surf the same day in SoCal.

Last edited:
Just in case any of y'all were doubting if we really did get snow in SoCal...this is a pic my daughter took yesterday from the conference room at her work

View attachment 1716058046

The highest peak is Mount San Antonio (locally known as Mt. Baldy) at 10,064 feet at the peak.
The pic is from north Orange County...about 2 hours from the ski slopes and about 40 minutes from the beach.

You really can both ski and surf the same day in SoCal.
Baldy sure looks bigger from Pomona.
Great Pic!

I just checked with one of my homies in the desert, Apple Valley. He said they had snow 2 days in a row but it didn't stay long.

I just checked with one of my homies in the desert, Apple Valley. He said they had snow 2 days in a row but it didn't stay long.
We were land/locked briefly as 178 in canyon-rockslides, 155 Greenhorn Summit and Walker Pass were closed for a bit even with chains.

Love it !

Mt Baldy. Where Julian Sand's body is probably rotting away. Poor guy.

On a brighter note OC, IF I was to Snow Ski about 5 miles up the highway from home is Alta Sierra and 7 or so miles. To other side of lake to Wind Surf if your into that and the wind is howling. Half an hour if your humping it from this to that so to speak.

down here in the SFV the sight of the white capped mountains as a back drop to the green hills is down right beautiful. the wind is keeping it super clear and crisp out too.

but man is it cold in the shop!

We figure we would share some of that white stuff, being that you don't ever get any. I bet not too many people know how to drive in it, do they?

We figure we would share some of that white stuff, being that you don't ever get any. I bet not too many people know how to drive in it, do they?
No the bastards can't drive in perfect conditions. Lol
I believe though that most weather veers from West to East.

everybody says that nobody in LA knows how to drive, which is ironic because nobody is from here.

but dear gawd, socal drivers in the rain... 90mph up a down way street updating their insta

-
Back