[SOLD] Yes, some of us actually prefer POINTS!!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitepunkonnitro

Reaction score
Rating - 98.2%
162   3   0
Contact seller
..About a dozen years ago, Car Craft did a dyno shootout between a stock single point ignition and a couple of state of the art electronic units...guess which one made the most power! (Google it)
If you're into tripping your spark old-school, then this is the ticket. New, unused Accel Adjustable Vacuum Advance Dual Point distributor. Been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years so has the slightest bit of patina, but it's brand spankin new! Asking $75 plus the ride. PM me if interested. Thanks FABO!

i havr e some around for 340s and 6s im sure we all do ill have to try that this summer

They made dual points for 6's? God points sucked @$$ enough on the slant, I can't imagine two points!

Nobody ever made dual points for the slant that I know of, BUT, changing them is a snap if you just unbolt the thing and lift it out. With that limiter plate on the bottom, all you need to do is phase the rotor and you're good to go. Takes me less than 10 minutes, soup to nuts to change points and condenser on a slant.

MSD (May Suddenly Die) users should carry one of these in their trunk, it'll get you home every time ;-)

wpon, somebody will grab this up. May take a little time, but some of us grew up in that era and learned with those dizzy's. I wish i had something to use it on right now, it would be mine........

Mid 70's i dropped a electronic in a 340 and never got it to run right. Playing with the curve......didn't matter. Talked to ProStock racer Malcolm Durham and the first thing he said was, do you still have the points dist. I gave it to him to go thru and when i got it back and put it in the car..........7k shift points were like butter. Yes i know i'm old.....lol, but i know i could still make that dizzy work:thumrigh:.

So will AAA :)

True, I called AAA at 5:30PM. Guy showed up at 10:30PM, no joke. Labor day weekend and CHP had them all cleaning up freeways. Then his supervisor calls and asks where I am, "same place I was 4 hours ago!" The guy went to 12300 address but it was the south address.. He was still 30 blocks away from me. Then I hear the guy tell me about AAA resetting all their computers nationwide that day: yeah, sure...they reboot their network in the middle of one of the busiest auto travel weekend of the year? Get real.....

wpon, somebody will grab this up. May take a little time, but some of us grew up in that era and learned with those dizzy's. I wish i had something to use it on right now, it would be mine........

Mid 70's i dropped a electronic in a 340 and never got it to run right. Playing with the curve......didn't matter. Talked to ProStock racer Malcolm Durham and the first thing he said was, do you still have the points dist. I gave it to him to go thru and when i got it back and put it in the car..........7k shift points were like butter. Yes i know i'm old.....lol, but i know i could still make that dizzy work:thumrigh:.

I've always converted my cars to points..always will. Malcom Durham was a god. One of the greatest racers from the greatest era in the sport!

A pic!
8525988074_9d02b2f124_m.jpg

well its not just me...I finely converted my 340 to electronic orange box system after running a duel point system with a msd 6a for years it will not turn the rpms it once did seems to hit the wall about 6100 I am going to a chrome box but that old duelpoint was a great old unit

PM sent.

Does it take standard mopar cap rotor and points?

I lived a few blocks from malcolm durhams supercar shop in riverdale maryland ...wild stuff back then, i had an old prestolite dual point in my 340 dart and revvin to 7500 without ever having an issue, was very reliable
I've always converted my cars to points..always will. Malcom Durham was a god. One of the greatest racers from the greatest era in the sport!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back