Yet ANOTHER Mystery Part

-

PistolGrip

Reaction score
The adventure of putting a '66 Barracuda continues. Again, in my defense, I didn't take this car apart. Please look at the attached picture (from my other '66) & you'll barely see the outer edge of a shiny "L" shaped piece that tucks between the headliner & the rear window seal. These pieces that came with the car that I'm putting together were both broken. They're a hard...and VERY brittle plastic. Since they're both broken, the gap is EXTREMELY tight & I can't imagine what the hell they do (except a very minor cosmetic improvement), I'm inclined to ignore them, and put them in the 'more trouble than they're worth' category and moving on without them.
Why were they there in the first place? Am I making a mistake? If so, how big? :)

Mystery part.jpg

Your so right, they will crumble to look at them. My 66 didnt have them either but my 65 par

Agreed, I'ts only purpose that I can see with that type of window gasket is decorative flair.

I have one left on the passenger side. The headliner is definitely tighter on that side, compared to the driver side, that doesn't have it.

I'm guessing these were flexible when installed & all have become brittle over the years. I'm going to leave well enough alone. :)

-
Back