YIIPPEE! For me

-

OUTLAW

Master of All Mopars
Reaction score
After hearing for the last 5 years from friends saying" I can get a trailer and tow you to the track", and no one ever coming thru. I managed to score a pretty nice trailer for only$300. It needs wheel bearings and tires, but the frame is straight and the bed has good wood and ramps. I know I have to rig it for my car and tool box but that's not much . It is only a couple inches wider than my back tires but I have some skinny wheels and tires if needed. Now I worry if my truck can drag it to the track....If it ain't one thing its another...LOL:banghead::banghead:

First time loading the car on trailer, have someone watch back of trailer to headers and bottom of car. Sometimes that transition of ramp to bed can get high with relation to wheelbase. Good score.

Good deal for you! That is a damn good price for a car trailer. Put a little work into it and Im sure you will be good to go!

What is your tow rig?

the only thing I have to tow with right now is my 92 dakota v6 auto . I think I will have to get another rig or do some upgrades to this one. It only has 130000 miles on it and runs well but I think the v6 might be a little anemic

Congrats!!!! :cheers:

(now we know who to call when we need to tow our car....) LOL! :D

I was bored one time and decided to smooth mine out a little, smoothed the welds down painted to match the truck, pin stripping, put wheels on to match the ones on truck, blue dots in the tail lights lol, etc etc. Now I have heard a few days ago that the great state of Texas will require a trailer inspection in order to get new tags, from what I have heard so far this is NOT good news....."shop built" trailers wont pass. I gotta check into this cause it sure AINT good news.

the only thing I have to tow with right now is my 92 dakota v6 auto . I think I will have to get another rig or do some upgrades to this one. It only has 130000 miles on it and runs well but I think the v6 might be a little anemic

That 6 cylinder is up to the job. Many old trucks were powered by the slant 6. The problem is trailer to truck weight ratio. Make sure the trailer brakes are working.

Attachments

• DSC01067.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 332
If you know what you're doing you can damn near pull anything with anything.

Last weekend I pulled my Dakota up my driveway with........a 125 cc Yamaha Zuma scooter.

Great score Outlaw!

Getting things moving is not too hard, slowing things down
is the problem.

Good buy for sure, Congratulations :glasses7: Tires, lights and put on the new bearings (packed well with good grease) and boom! you have a $1.200 trailer :)
Like Longarm said ! so it would not hurt to do some maintenance to your brakes all around on your Dodge pickemup too.

Oh and I pulled that thing up a mountain.

Are you still up there? I would have hated coming down the other side with that. :D

And is there anything else but mountains in PA? When I'm out there driving around, my right arm gets a workout from all of the shifting.

Yes it is still on top. I did come down one only to have to climb the one I am on. I towed it about 18 miles. I would not have wanted to go much farther. But that Dakota had low rears (3.92) but I pulled a lot of stuff with it.

starting to have 2nd thoughts about the trailer after I put my car on it.

Attachments

• mini-P3120010.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 252
  • mini-P3120012.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 242
  • mini-P3120014.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 247
  • mini-P3120016.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 237
  • mini-P3120015.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 248
That should work. I think if it were me, I would cut that front angle iron out, rebrace the side pieces. Then you could pull the car forward just a tad more getting a little more weight on the tongue. It looks like you have a long enough area there to do so, without the car hitting the truck in turns.

ya I could pull it forward about 2 feet I just didn't cuz my license plate was in the way

That should work. I think if it were me, I would cut that front angle iron out, rebrace the side pieces. Then you could pull the car forward just a tad more getting a little more weight on the tongue. It looks like you have a long enough area there to do so, without the car hitting the truck in turns.

x2 I pull mine forward until I see the trailer shift and weight go on the tounge/truck. Of course not in the picture I shared because I was limited there, but when I haul my car or my compact backhoe.

Are you still up there? I would have hated coming down the other side with that. :D

And is there anything else but mountains in PA? When I'm out there driving around, my right arm gets a workout from all of the shifting.

Thats why I quit trucking! HA...14 years of up and downs with curves. South East is kinda flat.

ya I could pull it forward about 2 feet I just didn't cuz my license plate was in the way

Actually, it looks like you could remove that front bar, extend the floor a foot and re-frame it in, that tongue sure looks long enough.

That would shift the weight a bit forward for ya.

Actually, it looks like you could remove that front bar, extend the floor a foot and re-frame it in, that tongue sure looks long enough.

That would shift the weight a bit forward for ya.

I agree, that tongue does look like a lot of wasted space. I'd extend it at least a foot if not more.

-
Back