You are an "all Corvette" guy when..........

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Somebody posted this over at YB. LMAO!!

Attachments

• tumblr_nmm1egEnld1qcdxvpo1_1280.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 351
Nice buck and first gen vette.
All vetts are fun, don't knock them unless you have had one.
And that is a huge old farm house in the background.

No doubt that old Marlin 30-30 is also nice.

Corvette in snow chains, seen that. A deer on the hood... Guess I hadn't seen it all.

Gunner does NOT approve !!

Attachments

• IMG_20110420_191033.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 282
Nice buck and first gen vette.
All vetts are fun, don't knock them unless you have had one.
And that is a huge old farm house in the background.

I've had two Vette's, and yes they are fun. Sure would like to have another.

vets are fun to drive, for me, not to work on... vette folks are, for the few I;ve been around, are just not me.
had a '68, 72, 76, 85 o k they were something for a few days or week fun, they sell to someone else!!!! ha

had a guy come look at a 69 runner project back in bout '90, him and his wife, they test drive the rust, ratty, smoking, old ply done the road, returned and SHE sees this 72 vet sitting out back. IS t hat for sale?? she asks??

of course,,, they drive the VETT home!!!@!! ha

A story, sorry, no photos

When I was at Miramar, 70-74, a young Lt fighter jock had about a 62, and his nephew had come for the summer to stay with him.

Sometime later I saw him, "where's the Vette?" He turns around and waves over his nephew, all beat to hell and scratches and patches of skin from head to toe.

His nephew and girlfriend were out with the car and FLIPPED IT UPSIDE DOWN in the freeway median, and both lived with minor injuries!!!!

Now think about!!!! how much room "there isn't" in that car with the "ground on top" of the car!!!

No idea how either of them made it out of that mess. Of course the car (in those days) was a total loss.

When I totaled my '69, and walked away, I said it was because there isn't enough room to bend over and kiss your a$$ goodbye.

There is no way I would want to be in any accident in my old vette, your *** is on the ground and the roof, if you have one is right on top of you.
Let alone the doors being about 2" from your shoulders.
They are a tight tin can, but damn they are fun to drive.

I've been in exactly one - a 1974 C3 with a T-top, if I recall right.

I'm only 5' 10", but I had NO room to myself, even in the passenger's seat. My left knee was spread over the console, my head was caressing the T-top, and my arms were looking for a place to go during the entire ride. Even if I could detach them, they wouldn't have fit in the cubbyhole behind the seat. Boo.

No thank you. If it's not a Mopar, at least I can be happy sitting on the floor in my comparatively roomy '71 Mustang.

-Kurt

I've been in exactly one - a 1974 C3 with a T-top, if I recall right.

I'm only 5' 10", but I had NO room to myself, even in the passenger's seat. My left knee was spread over the console, my head was caressing the T-top, and my arms were looking for a place to go during the entire ride. Even if I could detach them, they wouldn't have fit in the cubbyhole behind the seat. Boo.

No thank you. If it's not a Mopar, at least I can be happy sitting on the floor in my comparatively roomy '71 Mustang.

-Kurt
I had a 68 427-4 speed for 23 hrs. and sold it. it was fun, but it rattled worse than anything I ever owned, and rode like a little red "kids" wagon. didn`t run all that good either. wish I had it back !

I had a 68 427-4 speed for 23 hrs. and sold it. it was fun, but it rattled worse than anything I ever owned, and rode like a little red "kids" wagon. didn`t run all that good either. wish I had it back !

Love 396/427 Rats! Always a beast,with minimum mods..

That corvette in the OP is doing what a car is made to do ....be a transportation device to the owner. LOL

I think its a very cool pic.

I usually associate corvettes with being an "old man" car because only they usually have that kind of money LOL

if I had a corvette ....I would want a 1978....that is so cool ....like the Batmobile in the Michael Keaton Batman (1989) except I probably wouldn't be able to see over the dash LOL

To me there is nothing to not like about the Gen 3 Vettes.....but I stay with my trusty mopars that I know. :evil3: :???:

I've had 2. My first car was a '77 and I just recently sold my '74 this year when I bought my '68 Barracuda Notch-back.

My '74 was a BEAST. 383 stroker, 450 HP and 462 tq.

They are just too small inside. ..not comfortable.
I'm not a big guy either. 5'9" and 170lbs.

Fun cars...fast cars....BEAUTIFUL cars... just not for me.

My '74

My Barracuda next to the vette.....

Freakin' LOVE my notchback! !!!!!!!

Jeff

oh I forget my first one. a '75 or 6 ??? I had bout ' '83. wife would carry the kids ( bout 5-6 yrs old), in the very rear of it going after groceries! ha

I usually associate corvettes with being an "old man" car because only they usually have that kind of money LOL??:

That sure isn't the image GM would have had you believe, LOL

Route66_700.jpg

-
Back