You Know you are getting old went......

-

70aarcuda

Master Hoader of SBM
Legendary Member
Reaction score
all eight pistons are in the block and you still have one set of rings in the box...

LOL....No wonder that one pistons went in so easy....

I suffer from CRS (cant remember ****) also these days. The one that gets me is that I can be carrying something around and within a matter of minutes i have no clue where i put it!!

Or when you have the head completely assembled and as you reach for it to put it on the block, you notice the valve stem seals still sitting on the bench.

Or when you have the head completely assembled and as you reach for it to put it on the block, you notice the valve stem seals still sitting on the bench.

LOL I just did that not too long ago. glad Im not the only one.

in the last week, I misplaced, a dist. cap, wiper transmission arms, wiper arms, seat belts,a center cap off one of my wheels, and a few other things, the bad part is, I had them in my hand, and laid them down to grab something or talk to someone, I ended up buying a few of the wayward parts, then found the lost items, maybe if I buy the rest of the stuff I lost, I'll find the originals also.

Know you are getting old when you can not trust a fart.........

When I was in auto mechanics class in 1975 I did a valve job on a 318 poly. Had it buttoned up when I realized I'd forgotten the valve stem seals. :eek:ops: Took a long tome to live that one down. :disgust:

I changed an intake for my little brother and laid a rag on the area so nothing would fall in the engine 8) I set the new intake on and started all the bolts and wet to whip my hands of and could not find my hand towel :stop::stop:
Yep it was under the new intake on the engine !!!!!!
True story I will never forget :-D

When you make coffee and don't poor the water out of the coffee pot and into the coffee maker and turn it on #-o
been there dun that a couple times :-D

I changed an intake for my little brother and laid a rag on the area so nothing would fall in the engine 8) I set the new intake on and started all the bolts and wet to whip my hands of and could not find my hand towel :stop::stop:
Yep it was under the new intake on the engine !!!!!!
True story I will never forget :-D

Reminds me of a friend, down in Kansas, that left his "trouble light" on, over the engine, for a few days, with the intake off. It was the heat of the summer, and the june bugs were attracted to the light of course, then they died and fell into the engine.

Whea you are doing brakes on a peterbuilt and can,t lift the last drum up to put it on. Mark

when you put the water in the coffee pot but do not put coffee in the basket set the timmer and in the AM pour just hot water in your cup

As always i can top all of you. I put and engine in and my Brother in law, (Who doesn't know the difference between a dip stick and a pop cycle stick) asks "me isn't that suppose to go in there" and points to the torque converter on the garage floor ?

all eight pistons are in the block and you still have one set of rings in the box...

Nah, you know you're old when you look at the rings and say "Oh well, it should run fine on 7";)

mike i had a similar dilema with a rag in the intake i was putting a 305 in a 72 monte carlo i had a rag stuffed in the intake to keep the dirt out well when it was time to put the carb on, on it went i was puzzled for weeks car would run decent for about a block or two then just die kinda like it was starving for fuel looked at the carb the squirters were a squirtin smelled like i flooded the hell out of it told my brother about it and he came over to look at it the next day hit the key it started right up ran like a watch then died upon further inspection my brother told me if the rag was outta there it would run better you know what it did

Walk into a room, or the shop; stare around, and walk back out, because you had a reason to go in there, but.....
Buy 2 of everything, because you hid the first one from yourself, have 2 of each tool, same.
Yeah, early AM piss; look down and ask " that the fastest you can do?"
Can remember 3rd grade, can't remember where that tool is, that you had 20 min ago.
Forget your pin number, bummer. lol

Oh, and open the back door, to a knock from the divorced neighbor, forgetting you just got out of the shower- naked. That actually turned out pretty good.

-
Back