Young Mopar fan bringing the A-925 to life.

-
What I'm curious about is where you got the heads to scan them, and how you scanned them? If you're talking about a medical CT scan, how are you converting them to drawings or CAD files? If you're genuinely making these parts then I'm very interested in following along, but I don't quite understand your process yet.
Industrial CT Scanning from a company in OHIO. They deal with scanning of all sorts. Internal/External, real small stuff up to large scale optical scanners for buildings. 3d Engineering Solutions in Cincinnati. The issue is that the scan wasn't able to be done in one continuous run, 3 or 4 sections were completed. Outside laser scan was completed for a reference point when mating internal data scans. I cannot access the necessary software for this so I will have to hire a company to do it sadly. Software costs 20k per license.

Industrial CT Scanning from a company in OHIO. They deal with scanning of all sorts. Internal/External, real small stuff up to large scale optical scanners for buildings. 3d Engineering Solutions in Cincinnati. The issue is that the scan wasn't able to be done in one continuous run, 3 or 4 sections were completed. Outside laser scan was completed for a reference point when mating internal data scans. I cannot access the necessary software for this so I will have to hire a company to do it sadly. Software costs 20k per license.
That's pretty neat, and not too far from me! Where did you get original castings to scan?

Larry Shepard in Akron.
See here's the whole damn deal. You come on here with this pie in the sky, and now you are dropping names. Who are you Where are you from. Let's see some photos. Otherwise it's just bullshit. Or it might be horseshit. Nobody just walks up and "gets" pieces from a pretty much nonexistant project and says "I'm gonna make this work."

Maybe a guy (yeh I know who he is) HAS those pieces. Maybe you DID get the loan of them. But that is for God Damn sure not what you said. So just stop already. With the bullshit and the mystery. You got this? Let's see it.

See here's the whole damn deal. You come on here with this pie in the sky, and now you are dropping names. Who are you Where are you from. Let's see some photos. Otherwise it's just bullshit. Or it might be horseshit. Nobody just walks up and "gets" pieces from a pretty much nonexistant project and says "I'm gonna make this work."

Maybe a guy (yeh I know who he is) HAS those pieces. Maybe you DID get the loan of them. But that is for God Damn sure not what you said. So just stop already. With the bullshit and the mystery. You got this? Let's see it.
Hey man, I know this guy is being a little silly and mysterious, but there's no reason to get upset about it. I'm curious to see where this goes, because we may end up learning something or having new parts available sometime down the road. Plus, he's a new member here! Let's give him a warm welcome!

Go for it, make it and see if it runs. I kinda believe that the motor was a bluff by Mopar to force someones hand, but hey..all the big 3 skunk works built some weird ****, Olds included. IIRC the ball stud Hemi was far cheaper to produce but OPEC and emissions doomed it.

I've got Larry on Facebook. I'll shoot him a message and see what the deal is.

No rat to smell. Larry got back to me this morning and confirmed it. They are wanting to make a limited number of these engines. I think that would be pretty cool. From here I have two pieces of advice. One @A925guy, you can be less vague in your answers and Two maybe everybody else can cut you a little slack.

Sorry for my gruffness in the beginning. We get this kinda thing all too often and it always turns out to be bullshit. I wish yall good luck.

Oh and in reading this article, Return of the DOHC 426 HEMI they clearly use the word "prototypes" as in plural, so more than one must have been made. Although as Del described, they do say that only one was run with an electric motor with transmission attached at very high RPM. Maybe these cats can build some cool stuff.

Last edited:
How spooky

No rat to smell. Larry got back to me this morning and confirmed it. They are wanting to make a limited number of these engines. I think that would be pretty cool. From here I have two pieces of advice. One @A925guy, you can be less vague in your answers and Two maybe everybody else can cut you a little slack.

Sorry for my gruffness in the beginning. We get this kinda thing all too often and it always turns out to be bullshit. I wish yall good luck.

Oh and in reading this article, Return of the DOHC 426 HEMI they clearly use the word "prototypes" as in plural, so more than one must have been made. Although as Del described, they do say that only one was run with an electric motor with transmission attached at very high RPM. Maybe these cats can build some cool stuff.
Rob you got nothing to be sorry for. He started off a little douchey. I hope he sticks around, but come on man have a little personality?
To the OP, lot of good dudes here that are really into Mopars. And having fun and busting balls. You know, guys hanging out in the shop, helping each other. No need to be too cool for school. Welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here.

I don't give a hoot who he is or what he does.

His online presence sucks and if he can't manage that, I doubt this'll go far.

and I'm already out. Good luck to all involved. It'll be neat to see/hear it run.

Man, you guys are heartless! Eat some crow and cheer him on. I'd like to see this motor come to life myself. People who say it can't be done are only the ones who don't want to try it. Hey, scan and cast a better slant head in AL while your at it...put a cam on top of that one too.

Man, you guys are heartless! Eat some crow and cheer him on. I'd like to see this motor come to life myself. People who say it can't be done are only the ones who don't want to try it. Hey, scan and cast a better slant head in AL while your at it...put a cam on top of that one too.

Now wouldn't that be a hoot?

Sorry pishta, I try to look at all sides usually but I still can't tell by the op's first few posts if he was asking for help, comments, opinions or just bragging.
And here's the way I look at this site. Bunch of us guys standing around someone's car leaning on the front fenders looking at the motor BSN with each other. Now you can walk in the FABO shop, this site, and say hey my name is so and so I'm from over yander, I have an unusual project I'm involved with, would like to get to know you guys how are y'all doing? Or you can walk in the shop and start off like this guy did.
If I walk in the FABO shop the way he did, I would expect to get my balls busted a little. JMO

Funny, judgemental bunch we are for people sharing the same hobby.
Get real....
And your sarcasm fits this place just fine. I remember a few people a while back mocking Paul Ceasarine(RIP) and he never bit, just took it and kept posting cool old drag racing info.

Last edited:
speaking of adapted heads (my OHC slant dream) I saw a plain Jane 350 Chevy running with OHC heads years ago at San Diego hot rod swap meet. Generic heads from what I could tell with a friggin custom camshaft running straight onto the valves. He had the cogs running out the front of the valve covers (cut out to clear the cam bearing) and had a toothed belt running off the crank damper supercharger style. Not sure what he was trying to accomplish (ultra high RPM?) but the thing RAN on a test stand, Eyewitness....Pontiac did it with their OHC-6. How hard would it be to machine cam bosses that would bolt to a /6 head..and what would it accomplish?

speaking of adapted heads (my OHC slant dream) I saw a plain Jane 350 Chevy running with OHC heads years ago at San Diego hot rod swap meet. Generic heads from what I could tell with a friggin custom camshaft running straight onto the valves. He had the cogs running out the front of the valve covers (cut out to clear the cam bearing) and had a toothed belt running off the crank damper supercharger style. Not sure what he was trying to accomplish (ultra high RPM?) but the thing RAN on a test stand, Eyewitness....Pontiac did it with their OHC-6. How hard would it be to machine cam bosses that would bolt to a /6 head..and what would it accomplish?

Nothing, unless the head was cast as a cross flow. That's the real limiting factor IMO for getting a better flowing head. There's just not enough room with all the ports on one side.

What kind of files did you get from the scanning process? I work in solidworks and have a few contacts with some other design engineers that may be able to help depending on the types of files you received.

What kind of files did you get from the scanning process? I work in solidworks and have a few contacts with some other design engineers that may be able to help depending on the types of files you received.

Stl files that are hundreds of megabytes.

@A925guy, Let me give you some good advice. VERY FEW of us like it when members ask cryptic questions (or make cryptic comments) and then act pissy when pressed for more information. Plus, you've got guys like @RustyRatRod and @67Dart273 who have so much Mopar Knowledge that it really puts most of us off to read your attitude towards them. Did you notice that they have 67,751 and 43,501 messages? And with 12 messages under your belt, you are going to cop a rude attitude with them? No wonder the B Body forum didn't like you. I find your comments of "ohhh you know the A-925 DOHC motor don't youuuuu?? ;)" and "SPOOKY" and "What is the purpose of your comments? TO demoralize me and stop me from proceeding?" to be rude and inappropriate. Now if you want any help at all EVER on this forum, not to mention if you want to be treated with any level of respect, it's time to take a deep breath, apologize for the rude and snarky attitude and tell us what you really would like to do. It sounds like it could be an interesting project, and I would be interested in hearing about the research and progress; if you lose the attitude.

Stl files that are hundreds of megabytes.
Oh, fun. But not so horrible. Assuming they're not point clouds.

Stl files can make a decent solid (sometimes), which can then be used to make a decent parametric part. Been down that road. Sadly, it takes building a whole new part using the Stl as a guideline rather than using it as an actual basis for a part. Can still be done though.

Do you have any original drawings? A layout with intended angles and spacing for things like bores, lifters, and cam tunnel height could help guide things versus just trying to reverse engineer existing parts, which usually winds up at least a little off the mark..

-
Back