Younger Generation 15-17 Must Read!

-

1969383S

Proud Conservative
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Had a very Pleasant experience today at a local car show! A group of young teenage boys came by just after I parked and started to dress up the car! They were very Complementary, Polite and asked if
I could lower my hood and trunk back down so they could take some extensive photos! As they were so very well behaved, naturally I obliged! They were very thankful. The spokesman of the group asked
a ton of questions and they all helped me finish doing a wipe down! He is attempting to restore a 65 Mustang! Not even a Mopar! But he and his buddies had the respect to see a quality car and appreciate it
enough to ask a lot of questions! I praised them for the respect they have for the classic car hobby, and wished them all the best of luck! We shared contacts just in case they ever wanted some advice in the future!

Very refreshing to run into a gang of Teenagers like this!!!! All is not Lost!!!

I'm glad you took the time to connect with these kids! I was at a show recently next to a guy with a newer Mustang. Nice car, eye catching color, nice graphics, really appealed to the younger kids, 12-18 years old. He'd let them sit in it, even start it up. His reasoning was these kids are going to go home with a memory that might drive them towards the car hobby. And I couldn't agree more. It's also great the kid you met had the ability to score a classic Mustang to work on. I can't think of too many classic cars that aren't getting pricey even just for a fixer-upper.

That's great that you got to connect with those kids. I'm sure you made as good of an impression on them as they did on you. Where you at in N. GA? I went thru there yesterday on the way to my nephew's Celebration of Life at Fort Mtn. State Park. I went thru Mineral Bluff, Blue Ridge and Ellijay to get there. I blew the horn when I went by @cudamike13 house, but was unable to stop.

:thumbsup:

Yup, there are more out there like that than you might think. Thankfully. Sounds like mama and daddy raised them right.

That's great that you got to connect with those kids. I'm sure you made as good of an impression on them as they did on you. Where you at in N. GA? I went thru there yesterday on the way to my nephew's Celebration of Life at Fort Mtn. State Park. I went thru Mineral Bluff, Blue Ridge and Ellijay to get there. I blew the horn when I went by @cudamike13 house, but was unable to stop.

I heard you and I waved, but you didn't see me !

There are some of the younger generation out there who have a true interest on classic cars instead of exercising their digits on a phone. Anytime some of them come by me and express that interest, I always try to take the time to listen and answer their questions. If they ask for advice, I tell them that if they don't want an honest answer, don't ask. I've only had maybe 1% who were offended with any answer I gave. A few of the the neighborhood kids will stop by if I'm out working on the race car and ask if I need any assistance. I usually decline the offer, but take the time to explain what I'm doing as I go.

Georgia Racing Hall of Fame in Dawsonville!

Judges Scored a 7.5 impact on Show!

If they were paying close enough attention and not grabbing my registration sheet out of the car to just try and get ahead of their job. They would have noticed this and more! Should have been scored a 10
overall Impact on Show! One Spray Bottle of Hot Rod spray and 6 Young Men helping One Old Guy tossing around the bottle and wiping down a car in record time cause they delayed him! That is impact IMO!

Would not have it any other way! JMO!

IMG_4286.JPG

-
Back