Your input on a 64 plymouth convertible valiant

-

John Morrow

Mopars and Harleys
Reaction score
I'm going to go look at a 64 plymouth convertible valiant /6 today... later this afternoon. Any thing I need to look for past the obvious body stuff? Certain places for frame rust, any negative thoughts on one of these cars? I don't know much about Valiants, I happened to see this car for sale and really liked it.
Top works, small rust on lower rear quarter, he said small patch panel would fix it ( i will see ) inner fender is good. all floor pans good, with the exception of pass rear small hole from convertible cylinder leak. Car looks to be very solid and a good driver as far as tires breaks motor........ Any thoughts be for I head out this afternoon would be appreciated.

I would check out the front quarters, rear seat floor area, and rear fenders where the back window leaks and the top seals to the trunk area. Rest of car would be typical inspection. I had a 64 Blue with white top and that car was well liked by the driving public.

I really like the 64 Valiant my neighbor has one I'm going to look at. Check out this members 64

Dont forget the cowl that almost always rots out at the vents under the dash. I have seen clean cars with a rotten cowl panel.

Passed on the car............. he said good daily driver, I saw needs work, before being a driver........ If I was looking for a Convertible project, It would have been a great start............

-
Back