Youtube and Randy Meisner of the original Eagles band

-

RedFish

Reaction score
Sometimes I just let Youtube run and toss about anything before me. I had already heard the story behind why Randy was dropped/fired from the band. That can be found on Youtube also. As I was watching the video I posted here another song came to mind. Willie Nelson wrote angel flying to close to the ground. Just food for thought.
Yall have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend.

Sometimes I just let Youtube run and toss about anything before me. I had already heard the story behind why Randy was dropped/fired from the band. That can be found on Youtube also. As I was watching the video I posted here another song came to mind. Willie Nelson wrote angel flying to close to the ground. Just food for thought.
Yall have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend.

Thanks Red. An Eagles Classic. Probably my favorite Eagles song to harmonize to. RIP Randy. Yep, no autotune needed here!

Thanks Red. An Eagles Classic. Probably my favorite Eagles song to harmonize to. RIP Randy. Yep, no autotune needed here!
I would be proud to be able to sing like the guy that hosts the video LOL . I could sing and hit some pretty high notes during my youth. Right there with MJ and Donny Osmond. My falsetto/high voice broke at about 17 yrs. old. I was in a performing group called Choraleers (spelt?) 9th through 11th grades of high school. We were put together by the chorus teacher and practiced at her home 2 nights per week. R.I.P. Ms. Ezell (spelt? again).

Did you know this? There was at least once when Don Felder had laid down the lead track of a song to be released on album. Since he wasn't the best vocalist, the rest of the group would return to the studio and replace Felders lead with a Don Henley rendition of lead vocal.

Did you know this? There was at least once when Don Felder had laid down the lead track of a song to be released on album. Since he wasn't the best vocalist, the rest of the group would return to the studio and replace Felders lead with a Don Henley rendition of lead vocal.
Interesting. That's Brett Simons on bass and lead vocals. He played with Chicago according to the video text.

Don has had a rocky career with the Eagles.

Interesting. That's Brett Simons on bass and lead vocals. He played with Chicago according to the video text.
No surprise there. Seems everyone played with everyone at some point. Many who became solo artists and/or long term group members had started as studio musicians. During an interview Jim Stafford, being self-taught, modestly stated that he could work his way around multiple instruments. "I would watch someone else do a chord or a run and think, "I could do that", then attempt to imitate it, practice it, put my own spin on it". Personally, I feel Glen Cambell (also studio musician) should have stuck to his guitar and never sang a word. It was his appearance and diction that led to his own TV show.
Glenn Frey talked about living in apartment building with Jackson Browne living just upstairs. Browne would spend hours to days working on one song. Seemingly insignificant changes in words, phrasing, etc,,, until he was satisfied with a finished work. " So I learned a lot about song writing through the floor as it where", said Frey.

-
Back