You've got to see this...

-
Super cool. If I wasn't too dam old for a career change I'd love to be able to design and fabricate things like that. I'd be happy if my welds looked that good. Nice work.

Yes, Pat, you are on the right track regarding the moniker "FISHBREATH." It is actually the result of the merger of two threads of thought, one of which you alluded to in your post above. I still remember her using the word "mesmerized."

I guess the "fishy" thing was common prior to modern hygiene as I have never come across one at "low tide."

1969GTS, thanks. My retirement income sort of sucks or I'd be doing a lot more! I have to give credit for the welding to my friend, Gregg Bear on the B manifolds. Another terrific welder, Jeff Kelly, is welding the RB version. I am lucky to have them. I always wanted a tig...now I can't afford one! Keep your dreams alive!
Pat

Fishbreath, you old rascal, you made me laugh my *** off! I was still laughing when I had to take a leak and I nearly missed the toilet!
PAt:cheers::cheers:

You guys think you are so damn smart, well I know stuff too, just not helpful stuff is all. On the seroius side, man oh man Pat that is a thing of of beauty. I only wish I knew just a small portion of what you have forgoten about motors, I would love to just follow you around for a couple of months, you could learn me a bunch. Please all you guys keep up with the explanations it is so interesting and I even understand some of it. Can't wait to hear how well this works. I thank you all!!!

I'll second that one Sparky!!! It's just like going to intake school without the test afterwards.

I'm watching this thread with extreme interest. :-D

He calls me dawg all day long,hands me beer's tells jokes and bust's his a$$ when we are working on a project together,not to mention some of the stories we tell about the day's gone by,he's even signed on for the f.a.b.o. appreciation tour if I win the restoration challenge we gonna crawl up in the waggin and take a road trip and get to meet some of you guy's in person,I'll warn you he'll make you laugh so hard it will hurt....really hurt!!!!and I ain't even kidding about it! He'll tell stories that you will be able to smell the smoke from the tires and the burnt fuel mixture in the air!!!!and if you knew im as well as I do you'd know their all true,the man's got a set of moral's when it comes down to thing's and I guess that's why we hang.hopefully we can drag miss ellie along she's the most wonderful,happy person I have ever met and mr.Dawg doggity dawg's signifigant other and them two are the awesome twosome!!!!so ya'll cross your fingers for the old waggin in the challenge!

Oh, oh, Leanne, I didn't know you were lookin'. Pretend you didn't see my previous post.

You people light my fire! Thank you sparky, let's stay in touch! Cudagirl1968, you have my dream car. Curtis has a '68 in his back yard.....I can't be greedy. I hope the good Lord gives me enough time to finish my daughter's '65 Mustang, and my wife's '70 Swinger and '33 Chevy 2-dr sedan - both Pro Street. Waggin says so many good things about you, cudagirl1968. You are a very special and gifted person to be doing this. You too, sparky!
Pat:cheers::cheers:

I knew somebody had to love you, FISHBREATH Barry. You are already wise, keep being happy. If you love her, kiss her and tell her so every night...I do with my Ellie Bear. My wife is wonderful and she makes my life wonderful!
Pat:cheers:

Pat, Leanne is Cudachick1968 (see her posts above). I didn't want her to get the wrong idea about us (oh, well, who am I kidding?) Guys are guys, unless they live in San Francisco or Greenwich Village, of course.

My wife, Linda, has got to be the best in the world. The only thing she has said about any of my car projects has been, "Is it running yet?" She understands how limited is our time for fun stuff. I am only now starting on my '68 'Cuda while I finish my shop/garage. All she wants is to drive it to work sometimes (after I told her how fast it will be and after showing her some of the fine work done by other FABO members).

You and Waggin are killing me. It must be a barrel of laughs between you two. :toothy10:

incredible manifold pat, i cant wait til you test it , i might buy one just to have it , so when you become famous i can say i have one of the first

Oh man,we'll have to get a nurse to take and keep all of us patched up as the tales grow taller,he's got some sidesplitting,comical stories to tell,and even when that isn't going on he'll rib you so bad you'll beg for mercy,he's got ad lib's that are enough to put you in the looney bin with uncontrollable laughter,he told me a joke one day while we were workin on the "waggin" and I swear! we din't get another thing done for at least an hour! and then he'd fragg you,if you don't know what that is then you better come prepared!!!then he'd throw in lil' side jokes to make you think about the original joke and it would start all over again!!!do not feed this man chili!!!! you have been warned!!!he has no remorse if he fraggs you,not one bit,sometimes you won't even know till it's too late:toothy10: !!!! he'll give a big old "dawg" grin and your done!!!!
Pat, Leanne is Cudachick1968 (see her posts above). I didn't want her to get the wrong idea about us (oh, well, who am I kidding?) Guys are guys, unless they live in San Francisco or Greenwich Village, of course.

My wife, Linda, has got to be the best in the world. The only thing she has said about any of my car projects has been, "Is it running yet?" She understands how limited is our time for fun stuff. I am only now starting on my '68 'Cuda while I finish my shop/garage. All she wants is to drive it to work sometimes (after I told her how fast it will be and after showing her some of the fine work done by other FABO members).

You and Waggin are killing me. It must be a barrel of laughs between you two. :toothy10:

Thank you Pat for your support. Interview went great (I think), but I won't know anything for sure until next week. :)

Do you plan on doing any dyno tests? Lets say a 451 (B block with 440) crank with a, let's say 248 @ .050 duration cam with a 110 LCA and compare it to a single plane like a Victor?

Pat aka PFogel: Glad to see you keep yourself busy. Just noticed this post. The intake looks great. Remember back in the day when racers experimented with stuff like that? I remember seeing some horrendous concoctions for sure. I guess that's where most of today's racing products came from. Guys willing to try something different, with hopes of going faster. Good luck with your project, it looks promising.

There are a lot of variations of "sameness" out there. I've been thinking of this out of the box for a long time. I have faith in it. Waggin says, "It don't matter if the mule's going blind, load the wagon!" LOL! Thanks for being a FABO friend, Demon416!:cheers:

ramcharger, I would love to. I really like that combination but I will probably do it with my own engines. We will see what time and money allows. Man, I want to see you get a good job. Keep me posted.
Pat

Hello 73dart360. What kind words! I would love to have you for a customer and I have total faith in my manifolds. Sometimes you have to think outside the box and not come up with a variation of "sameness". A good example is my old friend, Barry Grant (BG Fuel Systems and Demon carburetors). We became friends when I lived in St. Petersburg, FL when I had my S/G Vette and he worked on a line truck for Florida Power Corp. He had bad feet and they hurt him all the time. He finally had to quit and he moved his wife, Alita, and kids to Georgia where he worked in a high perf carb shop. He came up with great ideas, borrowed to the hilt because he totally believed in those ideas and the rest is history. Wish me luck! Good luck to you!

Thanks for clearing things up, FISHBREATH! Nice to know Leanna is cool cudachick68. Your Linda sure sounds great! When will we be able to see pics of your garage and '68 Cuda? I'm sure Leanna knows we are nasty boys that do what nasty boys do!! LOL!
Pat

NOW I CAN'T LET WAGGIN GO UNTOUCHED!! He has accused me of fragging him with SBD farts! I plead guilty only in SELF DEFENSE!! All it takes is a glass of water and a cigarette to give HIM gas! Waggin has no shame....he backed right up to my face once when I was working intensely on a part and let one loose. It put an evil film on my glasses and was a direct and deadly assault on my olfactory senses! Pay backs are coming Waggin. By the way, didn't I see you trying to bite "gas bubbles" in the hot tub?!? LOL!
Pat

Thanks mattsmopars, my FABO friend in Tennessee.
Pat

There are a lot of variations of "sameness" out there. I've been thinking of this out of the box for a long time. I have faith in it. Waggin says, "It don't matter if the mule's going blind, load the wagon!" LOL! Thanks for being a FABO friend, Demon416!:cheers:
Thanks Pat. You're a very interesting guy. From what I've read from another member here, who shall go nameless, but drives a waggin, you're pretty funny too. Keep workin' on that intake. We'll be waiting for the test results.

NOW I CAN'T LET WAGGIN GO UNTOUCHED!! He has accused me of fragging him with SBD farts! I plead guilty only in SELF DEFENSE!! All it takes is a glass of water and a cigarette to give HIM gas! Waggin has no shame....he backed right up to my face once when I was working intensely on a part and let one loose. It put an evil film on my glasses and was a direct and deadly assault on my olfactory senses! Pay backs are coming Waggin. By the way, didn't I see you trying to bite "gas bubbles" in the hot tub?!? LOL!
Pat

Oh man PFogel you and Waggin are probably some of the coolest guys a person could get a chance of working on a car with. You two are too funny and knowledgeable. SO cool

Pat

ROTFLMAO!! :cheers::toothy10:

-
Back