Yukon Axles

-

gremlin

268Darts
Reaction score
I bought a set a couple of years back for my Dart and still haven't put the rearend together. What I bought is just axles. Can I use all the stuff off the origional 8 3/4 axles or do I need the green bearings and some sort of special plates to replace the adjusters? Do I use drums off and A body 8 3/4 or an 8 1/4?

No personal experience but every time I've seen them listed it says you have to use green bearings and B/E body brakes, backing plates/drums etc... A-body brakes are a different offset and Yukon axles are designed with the B/E body brake offset. I have only used green bearings once so I don't know if they make 2 different kinds but mine had the plate needed to bolt to the axle housing attached to the bearing.

I was hoping I could use the bigger brakes. I've read that people are using the green bearings. I didn't know the plate was attached. I thought I read that someone used the tapered rollers and adjuster with these axles..or not. I have a 8 1/4 with 3:92 gears under the car now, but plan on putting the 8 3/4 under there so I can change gears easily. Thanks Fishy68

-
Back