Z-bar and Dougs headers issue

-

royalbull73

Reaction score
Greetings;

I have a 72 Demon with a 340. I just installed the long tube headers from Dougs and when I went to install the Z-bar that I purchased from Mancini racing I found that it will not work. I have included a couple of photos to help with you seeing what I am dealing with. The first one is from Mancini's website. The second photo

IMG_2859 (2).jpg

IMG_2861 (1) (2).jpg
show's the original Z-bar at the top and the one at the bottom is the one that I got from Mancini's. It looks nothing like what is on the website. I think the website Z-bar looks like it would work but it is just a guess on my part. Any of you had problems with Dougs headers and Z-bar installations? I appreciate any advise given.

Doug’s won’t work with the stock Z bar. They require the same modified Z-bar as the TTI’s. You can modify that one if you can weld, or TTI sells a modified version.

Here’s the modification necessary, again if you can weld you basically cut off the one arm of the Z bar, move it over to the end of the Z bar and reverse the side the stud is on. Or buy one from TTI

reen-shot-2016-09-08-at-1-01-24-pm-png-png-png-png.png

Here’s the modification necessary, again if you can weld you basically cut off the one arm of the Z bar, move it over to the end of the Z bar and reverse the side the stud is on. Or buy one from TTI

View attachment 1716175161
Thanks for the reply. The one that I got from Mancini is made by TTI but the stud is for sure on the wrong side for my headers. I wish that I knew how to weld but that is one thing that I never learned to do. Will have to find someone who knows how to do it for me.

Thanks for the reply. The one that I got from Mancini is made by TTI but the stud is for sure on the wrong side for my headers. I wish that I knew how to weld but that is one thing that I never learned to do. Will have to find someone who knows how to do it for me.

If you bought it recently you might just return it to Mancini and order the modified one. TTI sells the modified version, heck Mancini might too and you might be able to exchange it. Probably worth a phone call at least

If you bought it recently you might just return it to Mancini and order the modified one. TTI sells the modified version, heck Mancini might too and you might be able to exchange it. Probably worth a phone call at least
I have called Mancini and am waiting on a response from them. Thanks again!

did you check with brewers ?
I looked at what they have and it looks just like the stock one that I took off. The lever needs to be moved all the way out to the end of the shaft and the stud needs to face towards the block to clear the headers.

-
Back