Zac's Demon build thread

-

zac_F71

Reaction score
Well my Demon is coming out of storage around the end of the month- gonna start on my 78 360 and need/want to know a few things before I start the "en devour" for this summer it will be driven with the 6/4bbl setup it currently has but wanna build the 360 drivetrain over the next winter/summer/winter seasons

what are the specs of 318/340/360 SBM

looking for crank imbalance, piston compression height, rod length, head flow numbers(factory), deck height, stroker clearancing, and anything else you think I should know

I have a 78 360 that is bored .030" w KB forged 10.3:1 pistons but it needs new cam bearings and I want to stroke it so what do you think would be the best displacement- keep in mind my block is already bored and don't want to go much past .040"

thinking the Indy aluminum heads that just came out, but this is open ATM (have iron 93 magnum heads)

A904 or A727?? I have a SB 727 that I can rebuild (or have rebuilt)

8 3/4" or Dana 60??

here is what I'm thinking: (short list)
410 cube 11:1- 12:1 CR, Indy aluminum heads, MP M1 intake, Holley/Demon 650-750 Carb, TCI prepped 727, 8 3/4" 4.10 gear, 3" full exhaust TTi headers, Comp Roller valve train 1.6 RR, 320ish dur. .610+ lift, still streetable :laughing:

looking to talk with people that run in the 9/10 second range (that are willing to share your setups, what to do, what not to do, and experiences (good or bad)

I am not in the 9/10 second range but looking at what you are listing you have no where near enough carb. I would think at least an 850. Even with the aluminum heads I would prefer to keep the compression to a max of 11.5 to 1 just to have a little wiggle room to run pump gas. A Dana would be ideal but I think an 8 3/4 would live behind a 727. You may want to look at another trans shop, maybe Cope or Tranzact. (sp?)

Jack

I am not in the 9/10 second range but looking at what you are listing you have no where near enough carb. I would think at least an 850. Even with the aluminum heads I would prefer to keep the compression to a max of 11.5 to 1 just to have a little wiggle room to run pump gas. A Dana would be ideal but I think an 8 3/4 would live behind a 727. You may want to look at another trans shop, maybe Cope or Tranzact. (sp?)

Jack
I'm local to Sharadon Performace in Hugo MN and my Dad and I had our 70 Dart's 727 rebuilt threw them, it was so tight the 1/2 shift would leave 10ft of rubber shifting.. lol

So I'll probably go out there and have a talk with them but like I say it's only in the planning stages at this point... Thanks for the reply

I was thinking a Dana as well.. but which would be cheaper in the long run? a Dana would have to be custom built for it and 8 3/4" could be purchased built and ready to bolt in?

The axle is most important to me at this point as it needs one now before I can even get it running and I would like to get either one and use it for the 360 build as well

-
Back