Zinc additives

-

fishman

Reaction score
What brands of zinc additives is every body using.I found this one Motorhead Zboost concentrate, anybody know anything about the product. Thanks Tom

I use ZDDPlus™ which I bought from eastwood.com. Really don't know how it compares to Motorhead Zboost though.

I use Comp Cams additive. It is available both locally and from Summitt.

I was told by Indy not to use GM oil that it does not have the right amount in it. Plus I dont want anything that says that on a bottle in my car. LOL Thanks Tom

The info on that faq page is ancient. Use an HDEO like Rotella T-syn. Best thing for old American V8s. Unless you have money waste on the really expensive boutique stuff like the various Amsoils, Royal Purple, Redline, etc. racing oils. Some of those are not intended for daily driving tho, so read the specifics, YMMV.

i run the comp cams stuff in both my rides. if this stuff ever gets banned (pretty likely in cali) roller cam here i come!

This is true and I use it woithout any additives. I currently run the 20w50 version, but a 10w30 version is available through Jegs.

I do the same, VR1 20W-50 and no additives. No problems as of yet.

The info on that faq page is ancient. Use an HDEO like Rotella T-syn. Best thing for old American V8s. Unless you have money waste on the really expensive boutique stuff like the various Amsoils, Royal Purple, Redline, etc. racing oils. Some of those are not intended for daily driving tho, so read the specifics, YMMV.

From what I understand the Rotella with the high Zinc content is a thing of the past as well.

ya, i work at jiffy lube and my boss told me that rotella T doesnt have zinc anymore hmm

From what I understand the Rotella with the high Zinc content is a thing of the past as well.
Nope. Where did you understand that from? Even the lastest CJ-4 rated stuff for the EGR/Particulate filterered diesels still has plenty of zddp/phos add.
ya, i work at jiffy lube and my boss told me...
:notworth: =D> You should rely more on :book: instead of the boss of a joint designed to seperate customers from their cash in exchange for bulk conventional oil, cheap filters and unnecessary services.

Fishman,

I have been iusing Amsoil without additives - it has the zinc required for the solid lifters I am running.

Kory
Me too. I wrote to several companies back when this first became an issue and they gave me the best response.

-
Back