‘65 Cable shift 727

-

Mr. Sinister

Devastation Manager
Reaction score
This is a question at the moment
Does anybody have an interest in a ‘65 Small block cable shifted slip yoke transmission?
This is a small block 727.

Last edited:
This is a question at the moment
Does anybody have an interest in a ‘65 Small block cable shifted slip yoke transmission?
This is a small block 727.
Is this the console-shift, single-cable style case, or pushbutton 2-cable style?

It a column shift and appears to be a single cable. Still in the car.
Sure it's single cable? i don't know the column shift at all but would like to convert my 62 to slip yoke and 24 spline.. i will have to do some research, any idea what you are wanting for it? i think i'm only bout 20 mins from lenox also :)

I just learned something new! I never knew there were cable shift small block 727's. I've seen plenty of cable shift 904's in early A's and had a 64 Belvedere wagon that was a 318 Poly with a typewriter 904. I swapped it to a 440 with a 65 big block 727 slip yoke, cable shift. It had 2 cables, like the 904 it replaced. That car is where I acquired my hate for cable shift 727/904's.....lol. You have to have all of the exact matching parts from whatever shift mechanism you have, all the way to the valve body. I tried 3 or 4 different rooster combs in the valve body and I never could get the thing to work right, so I jerked it out and sold it. Built a linkage shift BB 727, installed a column and linkage from a 68 B body that bolted up perfect and it worked like a champ.

Ah sorry.. never got the msg.. i remember warhoops... worst JY i ever went to. Needed some vent windows for a 64 polara that they had in (this was in the early 90's no internet) And they wouldn't get them off the car cause they didn't feel like it... just unreal.

Ah sorry.. never got the msg.. i remember warhoops... worst JY i ever went to. Needed some vent windows for a 64 polara that they had in (this was in the early 90's no internet) And they wouldn't get them off the car cause they didn't feel like it... just unreal.
Well they sold out its now a pick n pull called US Auto Sterling Hts. and they have a ‘65 Fury with a Poly motor and the trans is in that car. But it’s been about a week now so I am not sure if car is still there.

Well they sold out its now a pick n pull called US Auto Sterling Hts. and they have a ‘65 Fury with a Poly motor and the trans is in that car. But it’s been about a week now so I am not sure if car is still there.

Ahh.. thanks for the tip, i didn't know pick and pulls existed anymore, i figured insurance issues would have stopped that.

Ahh.. thanks for the tip, i didn't know pick and pulls existed anymore, i figured insurance issues would have stopped that.
It’s actually a much nicer place now fairly clean and very well organized, you probably won’t even recognize the place.

It’s actually a much nicer place now fairly clean and very well organized, you probably won’t even recognize the place.
Yeah, i had heard they had sold but haven't been to a junkyard in decades.. i used to enjoy wandering around them.. They will want too much for that trans though. i'm just looking for a few parts to convert mine to a 24 spline input mainly.. cheap ones show up on FB market now and then.

-
Back