‘71 Demon with Ralleye Dash looking to retrofit Intellitronix

-
Your fuel gauge probably has a bad built in voltage limiter (feeds 5v or so to the fuel, temp. and oil pressure gauge). Convert to and electronic limiter (easy to do.), and I'm guessing all your gauges will come back........Not the Alt gauge though, totally different animal! Lots of info on FABO for this fix.......And, if you are feeling particularly energetic, you can convert the Alt gauge to a volt meter. Again, lots of info here on how to do that as well.

I too love the look of a Rally Dash.......Wouldn't change even if the digital stuff was free, and installed!

Good luck with your search. :thumbsup:

Not sure if anyone mentioned to go to mymopar.com and look for both FSM and parts manuals. Just confirm they are OEM. I downloaded an electrical schematic from there and it wasnt factory.

Yes I did see that the Ralleye dash and Non-Ralleye dash has two pieces as I did the research.

I am sure you know way more about these things than I do but I don’t get the attitude and innuendo. People sometimes come onto these forums to get help without being challenged on knowledge, skill and confidence boosts. If you want to add information great if not, don’t.
Sorry about that... I noticed you're very new to the forum and when I see people sending stuff out especially new people to be done but pretty much tells me that you don't like working on the car that much. But apparently you do just what you want to. That's fine it's your car it's your money... Maybe you started a thread on the welcome wagon that I missed introducing yourself and giving people an idea of what you are wanting to do with your car and what kind of help you are looking for and how you wanted to participate in the forum...
First point I'm a fabricator and customizer at heart and that's how I enjoy this hobby. Examples I gave like the truck was a bolt in deal for a customer but building my own dash facade in my truck is what I like.... It was mine I would take the dash bezel out that you have and build something back there that would hold modern gauges from until electronix in the holes that you have...
Also I use voice command so careful with things sound can jumble....

It can be done but I don't know of anyone who has done it, kind of a downgrade to most but I understand your situation. If you do go that route I would get an entire dash assembly from an a body and start there, or you can send out the current instrument cluster to be restored. The other option is just to fix the instrument cluster yourself and there are quite a few replacement parts and tech on how to do it. In my opinion it would be easier to keep/repair the rally dash.

lol We have taken it to someone who has time to do the install for the drum to disc conversion brakes. I wouldn't proclaim myself or my father as an expert mechanic but we have rebuilt cars. My father farms for a living and thus has inherit skills in multiple areas. Its not a matter of skill, it's a matter of time available. This is my father's car and he just had knee replacement surgery. What the question is if anyone has executed the change of a Ralleye dash to add this Intellitronix circuit board made for a Non-Ralleye Dash bezel? And is it possible to use the existing bezel on the right side of the dash and/or what others did. I am not sure we will execute this or not but asking if anyone has done it.
Why ruin a rare factory ralley dash to begin with? A ralley bezel it's self is $500

The only gauges you really need working is the fuel. Oil temp and volt/amm can be taken care of tastefully with a triple gauge set as in the pic. That's what we did. Left factory gauges in for looks. Our cars messy, but you get the idea.

View attachment 1716031776

View attachment 1716031777
Myself, I would rather have all of the factory gauges working correctly, especially with it being a ralley set up and a console car. I just don't care for under dash gauges especially with a nice interior like yours.

Sorry about that... I noticed you're very new to the forum and when I see people sending stuff out especially new people to be done but pretty much tells me that you don't like working on the car that much. But apparently you do just what you want to. That's fine it's your car it's your money... Maybe you started a thread on the welcome wagon that I missed introducing yourself and giving people an idea of what you are wanting to do with your car and what kind of help you are looking for and how you wanted to participate in the forum...
First point I'm a fabricator and customizer at heart and that's how I enjoy this hobby. Examples I gave like the truck was a bolt in deal for a customer but building my own dash facade in my truck is what I like.... It was mine I would take the dash bezel out that you have and build something back there that would hold modern gauges from until electronix in the holes that you have...
Also I use voice command so careful with things sound can jumble....
Voice command, for what?

So we just got this car in November. It’s far from stock but we don’t want to hack it up either. We agree the under dash gauges will be removed. The Ralleye dash bezel has been compromised due to the tach but we may be able to “fix” it or make it look ok.

I thought there was a discrepancy between the first picture in the first couple few posts of what a rally dash looks like I think that's what the op posted as opposed to the sideways view of his actual dash that has a tac poking out in the center which is I believe where things got messed up in that bezel to begin with... The repair there would be great.
But like the example of the Ford gage setup that I did in that truck you still have the front facade that looks the part but the digital behind. In that application we did nothing to ruin any of the original equipment and he could always take that panel off from behind there and put the original cluster back in its place. That's what I would recommend here and that's what I was talking about making a bracket that would fit the custom gauges behind there but not ruining anything if someone wanted to put it back to original. But again it already seems like someone retrofitted a hole in the center for aftermarket tac...

I am not sure which way we will go but we may be able to remove the oversized tach fix the whole area then replace the wood grain with a smaller tach. Was that an optional clock?

7BAC4C81-D880-4AE4-B8BE-BF3038A8A01B.jpeg

I am not sure which way we will go but we may be able to remove the oversized tach fix the whole area then replace the wood grain with a smaller tach. Was that an optional clock?

View attachment 1716032139
As far as I know there was the option of a a blank, clock, tach and a vaccum gauge or "performance indicator" as it was called from the factory.

-
Back