12:05 Garage- ’70 Duster build

-
Denny, I'm not "bitching". You made some comments about bump steer on these cars with factory suspension that are in fact not accurate. I know that for a fact because I've literally done the EXACT things you said would cause bump steer. And they don't. And frankly that shouldn't be that surprising because a well engineered suspension system should not be so susceptible to bump steer that changing the static alignment will result in a dramatic change.

Now, if you want to call that "bitching" and compare me to your wife, well, that says more about you than me.

I kinda don't think that was all he was doing. But maybe I'm wrong.

It's fine. I'll stop screwing up Tim's thread, I'm truly interested in his modifications and suspension geometry numbers because no one else that's done a coil over conversion has ever posted them.
It's hot or miss whenever I search either one.. Searching within a specific group seems to work OK on fb... ie search trx filter housing while in g3 Hemi swap.

It's hot or miss whenever I search either one.. Searching within a specific group seems to work OK on fb... ie search trx filter housing while in g3 Hemi swap.

???

Looks like you quoted a different post than you intended.

Either way, fb still isn’t a place you can just read a thread even if you can find individual posts.

???

Looks like you quoted a different post than you intended.

Either way, fb still isn’t a place you can just read a thread even if you can find individual posts.
Not sure how I did that lol

Last year at Cruising the Coast autocross, I had a Moparty friend ride with me and I rode with him in his Demon. His first comment was how much better I would do with a better seat. I always thought my seats were pretty good. After riding in his car that has much more supportive seats, I realized I needed to do something. Not looking to replace the fronts I have permanently, I figured I'd just get a driver seat for race days and just make it a simple drop in. Turns out racing seats aren't necessarily cheap, so I let it the idea go. I've been slowly selling unneeded parts on Marketplace and ran across a guy selling a racing seat in my area for a decent price. So here it is. Maybe I won't need to brace my knees on the console and door anymore.

seat.jpg

Last year at Cruising the Coast autocross, I had a Moparty friend ride with me and I rode with him in his Demon. His first comment was how much better I would do with a better seat. I always thought my seats were pretty good. After riding in his car that has much more supportive seats, I realized I needed to do something. Not looking to replace the fronts I have permanently, I figured I'd just get a driver seat for race days and just make it a simple drop in. Turns out racing seats aren't necessarily cheap, so I let it the idea go. I've been slowly selling unneeded parts on Marketplace and ran across a guy selling a racing seat in my area for a decent price. So here it is. Maybe I won't need to brace my knees on the console and door anymore.

View attachment 1716274397

Nice!

Seems I read somewhere one time that in a Foxbody they have to add bracing to the floor as well. Seems that while a good seat can hold you well, in the Rustang the seat itself moves around a bunch and they lose some of the benefits of the good seat.

Not sure if our cars could have a similar problem, but might be something to think about as you are working this in.

Can't wait to see how you come up with a quick disconnect so you can swap between the 2 seats. :D

I was teasing a buddy last weekend about this. He has a BB Dart and a '67 Belvedere and only one set of seats. I told him he needed to figure out how to make the seats swappable between the 2 so he doesn't have to spend money on a second interior.

Nice!

Seems I read somewhere one time that in a Foxbody they have to add bracing to the floor as well. Seems that while a good seat can hold you well, in the Rustang the seat itself moves around a bunch and they lose some of the benefits of the good seat.

Not sure if our cars could have a similar problem, but might be something to think about as you are working this in.

Can't wait to see how you come up with a quick disconnect so you can swap between the 2 seats. :D

I was teasing a buddy last weekend about this. He has a BB Dart and a '67 Belvedere and only one set of seats. I told him he needed to figure out how to make the seats swappable between the 2 so he doesn't have to spend money on a second interior.
I plan on making it just a drop in replacement. 4 nuts off the bottom and pull it out. I was thinking of making a square with some flatbar to put on the bottom side. Need to look closer to see if its even worth the effort. The outside holes are right next to that "bump" in the floor where bench seats mount. It's a pretty sturdy section of floor.

when i replaced the bench seat in my valiant with mercedes leather buckets i stiffened/reinforced the floor with 4" squares of 3mm plate welded to the underside of the floor.
neil.

-
Back