14" Disk brakes

-

Dan's 72

Reaction score
I have a 72 Dart 318 with 4 wheel manual drum brakes on 14" wheels. I want to convert to disk brakes. I would like to replace front and back and add vacuum booster. Everything I've found says I have to convert to 15" wheels. Is there a disk brake replacement for 14" wheels anywhere out there?

Dart.JPG
Dart.JPG

factory 65~72 for small bolt pattern or 73~76 for big bolt pattern will give you front disc, rear drums. there are also some aftermarket front kits that will fit a 14"

if you're looking for rear discs that will fit with a 14" rim, i'm not sure such a beast exists.

The factory disc brakes from the early or late A bodies will fit with factory 14" wheels and a lot of aftermarket 14" wheels.

You can do the big pattern disc brake swap using '73 and later A/E parts (and arguably FMJ spindles), and just use the factory 10.87" rotors without up sizing to the 11 3/4" rotors, and keep the 14" wheels, if my memory is correct. It'll stop just fine that way.

I would DEFINITELY recommend trying it with a manual master cylinder before adding power brakes. You might be perfectly happy with it with just disc brakes alone.

The factory disc brakes from the early or late A bodies will fit with factory 14" wheels and a lot of aftermarket 14" wheels.
Not meaning to highjack the op thread. I just want to say that I hope that RRR and family are safe with all of the storms because of the hurricane in Florida.

Aww, I thought we were talking about 14" brakes not brakes to fit 14" wheels. These are only 13"

IMG_5981.jpeg

factory 65~72 for small bolt pattern or 73~76 for big bolt pattern will give you front disc, rear drums. there are also some aftermarket front kits that will fit a 14"

if you're looking for rear discs that will fit with a 14" rim, i'm not sure such a beast exists.

DoctorDiff's 10.7" rear disk kit works with 14" wheels, looks like he's confirmed the fit for 14" rally and magnum wheels. That's BBP of course
Mopar 10.7" Rear Disc Brake Kit
I believe Dr Diff has some that will work for the front.

10.95" Front Disc Brake Kit (Stage 1)

Yup, that kit is the same as the 73+ Mopar disks, just with reproduction parts. Also BBP.

Not entirely sure, but I'm guessing the OP is trying to keep his 14" rallye's so he probably wants a SBP kit. I know the Stage 1 kit can be made to have a 5x4" pattern, but I'm not sure it will clear original SBP 14" rallye wheels

I put a kit from Stainless Steel Brake Corp. on my 69 Barracuda and maintained 14" wheel status. The rotors that came with the kit were drilled for big or small bolt pattern. I have 14" Cragars on my car, and everything works fine.

-
Back