14" Disk brakes

-

Dan's 72

Reaction score
I have a 72 Dart 318 with 4 wheel manual drum brakes on 14" wheels. I want to convert to disk brakes. I would like to replace front and back and add vacuum booster. Everything I've found says I have to convert to 15" wheels. Is there a disk brake replacement for 14" wheels anywhere out there?

Dart.JPG
Dart.JPG

factory 65~72 for small bolt pattern or 73~76 for big bolt pattern will give you front disc, rear drums. there are also some aftermarket front kits that will fit a 14"

if you're looking for rear discs that will fit with a 14" rim, i'm not sure such a beast exists.

The factory disc brakes from the early or late A bodies will fit with factory 14" wheels and a lot of aftermarket 14" wheels.

You can do the big pattern disc brake swap using '73 and later A/E parts (and arguably FMJ spindles), and just use the factory 10.87" rotors without up sizing to the 11 3/4" rotors, and keep the 14" wheels, if my memory is correct. It'll stop just fine that way.

I would DEFINITELY recommend trying it with a manual master cylinder before adding power brakes. You might be perfectly happy with it with just disc brakes alone.

-
Back