18" rim pics on Demon or Dusters

-

MoparDemon

Reaction score
Hey guys, im seriously considering ordering some 18x8 in the front and rear through my shop..they are such a killer deal its hard to pass up..so my question to you guys is do you have any pics of Demons or Dusters with 18" rims or will they fit without and mini tubbing? im at stock hight at the moment..im not gonna slam it to the ground but probly lower is an inch or 2, thinking a 235/40 for the front and 255/40 or 50 for the rear..? any help would be appreciated.

With the right back spacing you should be able to fit a 255/40 in the rear wheel well, maybe need offset hangers for the leafs. I have my Demon minitubed and now have room for 345 wide rubber tucked up in wheel well, but I also have link mounts on frame rail now. 18s are a nice size, look good on A-Bodies and don't look ghetto with rubber band rubber.
Grab a ruler and a string with plumbob and you'll get it figured out if you already haven't...cheers.

Hey guys, im seriously considering ordering some 18x8 in the front and rear through my shop..they are such a killer deal its hard to pass up..so my question to you guys is do you have any pics of Demons or Dusters with 18" rims or will they fit without and mini tubbing? im at stock hight at the moment..im not gonna slam it to the ground but probly lower is an inch or 2, thinking a 235/40 for the front and 255/40 or 50 for the rear..? any help would be appreciated.
Not a Demon but a Dart..

View attachment 005.jpg

Personally, I think an 18" rim with about 4.5" of sidewall is about perfect for the rear tires of a Duster/Demon. Fills the wheel opens well, enough sidewall to not look too rubber-bandy (is that even a word?), but low profile enough to be useful.

On the other hand, I prefer a 17" on the front with about the same sidewall. An 18" makes the sidewall too short for me. Not that I don't like the look of any of the cars here, it's just where I've settled on for my car.

Not that I will have 18" wheels on the back of my car any time soon, either. I've got to settle for the set of (4) $90 17x8 GT wheels I can afford, instead of what I would prefer.

BTW, I might add that about the best bang for the buck (in my opinion) is a 245/45R17 and 275/40R18 combo. Those are the same sizes that C5 (I think) vette's came with, which means there should be plenty of brands to choose from. Should keep the cost down.

Hey, mind telling what those nice rims and tires are? Lookin for something for a satin black Demon.

And size of them tires front and rear. Backspace front and rear? Springs and rearend runnin?
Thanks

Can you post some more pictures of your Demon i would love to see it from a few other angles. Are they Show wheel Streeters with Black Centres?

There's a thread I started about the wheels & tires on my Demon in the Tires and Rims forum...........:cheers:

BTW, I might add that about the best bang for the buck (in my opinion) is a 245/45R17 and 275/40R18 combo. Those are the same sizes that C5 (I think) vette's came with, which means there should be plenty of brands to choose from. Should keep the cost down.

I like both the front and rear tire sizes that you have suggested. Anybody have luck running those front tires without major issues. Looks like they are 25.7" tall and have a section width of 9.6". Thinking of going the pro touring look with the Dart.

I like both the front and rear tire sizes that you have suggested. Anybody have luck running those front tires without major issues. Looks like they are 25.7" tall and have a section width of 9.6". Thinking of going the pro touring look with the Dart.

Plenty of people run that size on the front. Important thing is the offset of the wheel.

Can't find where I noted 72BBSwinger's tire sizes, but I'm pretty sure his are bigger than then the 245/45R17's (width and overall diameter).

Do a search for member Dart360Custom, he has an earlier Dart with 245/45R17's all the way around on a 5.75" BS rim.

Or look in this thread. Should be able to find some useful info there.

I could give you other examples, but tried to stick to Darts as that was what you mentioned you are working on.

70 Duster with 18x7 w/225/40's and 18x8 w/245/40's, will step up to 255's later...plenty of space!

PICT0469.jpg

It depends on the wheel. I've heard that some mustang wheels have clearance issues with the inside of the hoop interfering with the tie rod end and in some cases the zirk fitting on top of the uca. I'm assuming that the same could be true for aftermarket wheels. I've used two different kinds of mustang 17s and only had to swap to lower profile zirk fittings to fit the wheels I run currently. 18s in front eliminate those problems.

17x8, 245-45 all around. I will be going with 18s when money and wife allows.

Attachments

• sept. 30 2010 2291_1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,060
  • may26,2012 014_1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 998
  • Ridler%20695%20MB%2018x9_5%20(2).jpg
    97 KB · Views: 989
My 71 Duster with Coys C5's in the matte black, 18x7 235/40 and 18x8 255/45

Cheers
James

Attachments

• Duster5.jpg