1960 Marvin Panch Valiant stock car

-
You know Jim S. has a New Old Stock pair of those manifolds, also has the correct factory Hyper intake and carb,,,,,i'm sure he would let you take pics.......:glasses7:

Why yes I do know of these parts of which Mr. Jim S has, so great point. Might as well go and visually inspect them and take notes.

Here is the manifold picture when the engineers were figuring the correct length for the intake. Pete McNichol (Ramchargers) ended up with this intake on his c/gas willys. The second picture is one of Petty's Valiants.

Attachments

• hyper-pak_intake_manifold.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 191
  • Daytona_Petty.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 187
Here is the manifold picture when the engineers were figuring the correct length for the intake. Pete McNichol (Ramchargers) ended up with this intake on his c/gas willys. The second picture is one of Petty's Valiants.

Very cool pictures, specially the engine shot. That would be Lee Petty's valiant, looks like the 1960 season version. I believe that the Petty valiants in 1960 were not actually painted Petty blue and left the stock Valiant Med metallic blue. I can get decals to do both Lee and Richard Petty's Valiant but the Kits are too expensive to be buying up.

You could buy some resin kits and kit bash with a later duster to save the coin!

You could buy some resin kits and kit bash with a later duster to save the coin!

I actually was about to bid on a built 60 valiant on Ebay, but I decided it looked too much like a glue bomb to deal with. I wanted it to actually do the #12 Moody valiant which slot car fever has put out once again.

Thank you, yes the decals were probably the most challenging part of the build. The kit is actually an SMP release, a company that was bought by AMT. I was lucky to find one on Ebay from a guy in Canada. It had been painted once but stripped of well from the previous owner. Only thing missing was the dash and the steering wheel, which I got new in resin along with the front and rear bumper from Modelhaus.

WOW!!!! Love the Hyper-Pak slant 6 in it.... would LOVE to find a part to the model for the intake to mold this!!!!! (you don't see them in scale very often if at all anymore!!!!!!)

NIICE work tho!

-
Back