1964 Valiant "Get Runnin & Drivin"

-
Just to add to the water pump story......I purchased the original one when I first put the 225 in Vixen meh.....approaching or maybe even a little over two years ago. This was a NEW water pump. That one gave it up in November 2021. I warranted it out then for the one I just replaced. The replacement didn't make it a year. They've changed their "lifetime warranty" policy to be interpreted as ONE replacement for the lifetime that you own it. In other words, they warranty the original and when the warranty one fails, you pay for the next one. But since it was not even a year old on number 2, they ate it anyway. It's pretty pitiful the state of auto parts these days. I plan on getting a FlowKooler next month. We'll see how long it lasts after the present one gives it up. I'm still going to explore rebuilding them myself.

I had heard years ago that Advance Discount auto parts had that policy. As far as I know Autozone's lifetime policy is still lifetime.

I had heard years ago that Advance Discount auto parts had that policy. As far as I know Autozone's lifetime policy is still lifetime.
You can bet if they've not changed it yet, that they will. No competitor will watch the others make more money. lol

Let’s see an updated exterior pic of the old girl, I’m thinking dusk or crisp moonlight!

Let’s see an updated exterior pic of the old girl, I’m thinking dusk or crisp moonlight!
Supposed to have a full moon this weekend. If I don't forget, I'll get a couple. But it ain't changed any on the outside. Yet.

Started cuttin some of the bad metal out of the driver's side outer wheelhouse. Got a little work to do on the inner piece, but not quite as bad as I thought.
BODYWORK3.jpg

BODYWORK2.jpg

BODYWORK1.jpg

BODYWORK.jpg

That looks like fun.
I hate it. I abhor it. I loathe it. Yes, it's that bad to me. If I had the extra money, somebody else would be doin it. That said, it IS fun knowin eventually I'll have all that bad metal OUT and it will be replaced with good. I've gotta find out the dimensions of the bottom quarter patch panel and start cutting some of that out as it needs that too on this side. The other side is a lot better, but I know when I get to sandin and grindin on it, I'll find something. lol

Always have your patc hpanel there before cutting!

I lke the metal work I woud love it if I had a good welder and a life!
Yeah well, I went ahead with it. I "about" know the dimensions and I know I've cut smaller than that. I'm tired of lookin at it when I know I can start it. So I did.

Vixan would have fit perfect at the NoNameNationals. There is some talk about a slant six class at next year.

Vixan would have fit perfect at the NoNameNationals. There is some talk about a slant six class at next year.
That would be badass, but I see no way we could attend. Kitty would have to go too and we have no one that will come take care of the cats. They're family so we can't just run off and leave them. lol

Are you using the Auto Body Specialties patch panels? I'm sure I'll need some for my Barracuda.
I'm not 100% sure yet. I looked at what Classic has. They are about 7" up from the center of the wheelhouse. I THOUGHT I saw some that were 9" up but I cannot find them. I just HATE the ABS web site. lol

No lie! It's about as bad as getting hung up in the phone tree at CVS pharmacy...lol.
I'll probably go with Classic for both pieces. Now I just need to figure out which bank to rob. lol

Got a little done today. Where there was a big hole and a lot of little ones, now there are none. I have a little repair to do to the folded under lip above the tire, but I've had enough for today. I wasn't feelin like weldin upside down right now. Once I get a skim coat of filler on it, it shouldn't look too bad.
INNER WHEELHOUSE REPAIR.jpg

Some of your Georgia boys have nice products too. They mostly sell good clears and epoxy primer, but they do have some single stage in white, black and red. Website is kinda klunky, but I think look under the products tab, and then pricing to see what the red costs from them if you want to compare a little afore you plunk down the $$.

Some of your Georgia boys have nice products too. They mostly sell good clears and epoxy primer, but they do have some single stage in white, black and red. Website is kinda klunky, but I think look under the products tab, and then pricing to see what the red costs from them if you want to compare a little afore you plunk down the $$.
Yeah I've been in contact with them. Very knowledgeable and nice. I got a price on a full primer package. I think it was like $200 or a little more. Very reasonable. He also answered all my questions regarding doing the work a little at the time. I will be getting that. Thanks!

-
Back