1964 Valiant "Get Runnin & Drivin"

-
Yep, you got this RRR, I need to add a rear sway bar , just have a front sway bar right now.

Yep, you got this RRR, I need to add a rear sway bar , just have a front sway bar right now.
Yeah I got it alright. I'm gonna add some spring perches made from 1/4" plate and use THEM for the sway bar brackets. Lets see if them bad boys crush. LOL

Here we go. I bet that beeotch don't come back apart now. Spring perches made from 1/4" steel I forgot I had. Added grade 8 nylock nuts, too. Dangit all. lol
DSCF2983.JPG

Went out and marked reference marks on the axle tubes and the perches, drove her pretty hard around some good curves and came back and inspected. Marks still lined up and nuts still tight. I think we're good. I really didn't want to weld the perches on, because I'm going to be swapping the Ford 9" in before too terribly long. They held just fine. Oh happy day. lol

She already had a four barrel. For like three years now. Ain't you payin attention? lol

No, that's what I shouldda been doin. Not what I WAS doin. LOL
Nope.
I was hoping that you were going to install the 400 in the car, but I can see why you stayed with a slant 6.
However, a 400 with a 3 in the tree would have been awesome as well...

Nope.
I was hoping that you were going to install the 400 in the car, but I can see why you stayed with a slant 6.
However, a 400 with a 3 in the tree would have been awesome as well...
It wouldda been super cool. But I'm a slant six guy now. The little car is just too good a match for it. Chrysler knew what they were doing.

Changing to the closed chamber head?
I actually thought about that. Thing is, the head on it now has 34cc chambers. The unicorn head has 58cc chambers. The compression would be way too low for the cam. It'd be a dog.

Old slants are fun, I daily drove a 71 D100 for years, 225 3 on the tree, 3.91 gear.
I would still be driving it, if it did not get tore up in an accident.
Not fast but it would pull good, with good mileage, the wife and I camped with it before kids, after the kids came it hauled their dirt bikes, 4-wheeler.
Just a good old truck.

For about the last 15 years of my "career" I drove $1000 Dusters to work, anywhere from 120 miles round trip to just 40 or so. (OK so that same old Duster would cost $2000-3000 today where I live. Yea that was back in the 90s, 2000s. I'd get the car running and with safe brakes, clean the gas tank, sometimes find a "better" oem seat, and GO! Mostly slants, an occasional, 318. I might drive one 3 years or 3 months. Someone would always come along and buy it and usually for a profit. It only cost gas and insurance to drive to work. So I costs really nothing.

Now days, people ask how can they drive an old car with points, manual brakes and steering, a slant (really??), NO AC, and $30 used tires!!

Stepson (32) drives 30 miles total to work in a practically new 4 x 4 pickup with a Cummins that cost ???????...but the 4 x 4 is needed to get the $40,000 bass boat up and down the boat ramp!! He and his wife make about $160,000 gross and are always looking for the next "side" business to get into! :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :thumbsup: :rofl:

-
Back