1965 Dartcharger

-
Interesting your firewall clips to hold the wiring harness are black. I had faded white clips on my 65 and faded blue clips on a 65 4 door sedan I parted out. Interesting that my wagon and the blue 4 door were/are CA assembled
It's only black on the clips holding the wiring and vacuum hoses on the passenger side. The orher ones are painted body color in this case. As you can see there is a gap in the painting due to the clips.

So the black phosphate clips only hold the vacuum and AC wiring. I will still use my white clips. In fact I will use aa couple of extra clips.

So the black phosphate clips only hold the vacuum and AC wiring. I will still use my white clips. In fact I will use aa couple of extra clips.
Yes, black clips for optional equipment only. Standard wiring in body color.

Do you by chance have a center hood emblem in mint condition?

Yes, black clips for optional equipment only. Standard wiring in body color.

Do you by chance have a center hood emblem in mint condition?

So I learned something new today about those clips. I will still run the heater/AC wiring/vacuum hose along side the main harness with the body color clips. I don’t think anyone will notice; they’ll be too busy pointing out the other things that don’t appear stock!!

I have only one center hood ornament (and one driver's side DODGE emblem); both are NOS that i’ve saved for years

So I learned something new today about those clips. I will still run the heater/AC wiring/vacuum hose along side the main harness with the body color clips. I don’t think anyone will notice; they’ll be too busy pointing out the other things that don’t appear stock!!

I have only one center hood ornament (and one driver's side DODGE emblem); both are NOS that i’ve saved for years
I guess they are for your one-of- none 1965 Dart Delivery. They will fit like a glove.

Two weeks ago I was able to buy some new NOS parts. Lenses, tie rod ends, cam package antenna bezel, hood and truck hook and the most unusual thing so far, an NOS master cylinder cover. First time ever. On my other Dart Charger I were able to locate and buy a NOS complete master cylinder. But this one I think is over the counter part by Mopar. Test mounted one time and put away.

Any one seen this color before? It's the same as the hook for the hood.

20240721_211658.jpg

20240721_211720.jpg

20240721_211713.jpg

Today I've been able to mount the body in the rotisserie.
First thing was to take of the stainless steel moulding that holds the vinyl top under the roof moulding. Need to find out if the clips are the same for vinyl top or no vinyl top. One was damaged and can't be saved.
But I enjoy that I finally can work on the body in an easier way.
The emergency brake cable had an odd twist. The grommet passing the inner fender shield/firewall was mounted backwards!!

20240728_203906.jpg

20240728_114314.jpg

20240728_114318.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back