-
Status
Not open for further replies.

gkgeiger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm selling my Hemi project. It started as a nearly rust free TX 6cyl. I have over $70k in this project and will sell for $55k O.B.O, if you want to finish it. I lost interest, and have health issues. If you are serious send me a PM.

It has a 500ci Tim Banning "FHO" built Hemi. Stage 5 heads, original style intake manifold (no bolt on top). The engine made 660.8 hp at 6800rpm and 619.5 TQ at 5200rpm. It made 584.1 TQ at 3800rpm, and these numbers are on pump gas.
It has a new 727 built by Jim Pace of Akron, a well know Mopar Tech. When I said new I meant that the trans. had never been in a car (new not rebuilt).
It has an 8 3/4" A body hsg. w/ a NEW DR. Diff. center section w/3.55 ratio. I used a A body hsg because the car is mini tubbed and has 10" rear wheels w/M.H. Drag Radials.
New SS springs and shocks.
SSB 4 piston aluminum calipers up frt w/all new 11" rear drum brakes. SS emergency cables.
It has all ne SS brake and fuel lines.
It has a new Hemi radiator with the correct number on it.
The entire frt suspension is powder coated, along with all splash shields, brkts., and fan shroud.
The grille has been polished and bright anodised.
The bumpers have been re-chromed.
I have all new door and window handles.
I found a set of NOS Belvedere 1 frt fender emblems.
All new Plymouth letters.
Tail lights re-chromed.
Instrument cluster re-chromed.
Door latches w/strikers, and hood and trunk latches plated.
SMS door and qtr trim panels.
Legendary seat covers (bench seat)
All new wiring harnesses (except dash) I have a good original.
1966 steering column w/rod linkage instead of cables.
Complete TTI 3" exhaust X pipe Flowmasters.
It has a new tinted windshield w/ new frt and rear weatherstrips.
It sits on Torque Thrusts w/painted centers and polished rims. New Gdy radials up frt.
I almost forgot the best thing. It has a hand made steel (not fiberglass) hood scoop, just like they used in '65.

If this sparks an interest drop me an email with your number and I'll get back to you.

How it started

07.jpg

How it sits today

036.jpg

FHO Hemi

004-1.jpg

Now you've hit on one of my many weaknesses. Early B's. I've got a 64 Savoy hanging on the spinner as we speak in the next room and it looks exactly the same body style as your 65. Looks lik eyou have done it right. Good luck with your effort to liguidate. Are you aware of our sister site for "B" bodies? Look at the top of the page on the header and there you can click on it and there ya go. Good guys over there too. Not as good lookin as us here but they may have some money that we dont have. Good luck on ya.
Small Block

Now you've hit on one of my many weaknesses. Early B's. I've got a 64 Savoy hanging on the spinner as we speak in the next room and it looks exactly the same body style as your 65. Looks lik eyou have done it right. Good luck with your effort to liguidate. Are you aware of our sister site for "B" bodies? Look at the top of the page on the header and there you can click on it and there ya go. Good guys over there too. Not as good lookin as us here but they may have some money that we dont have. Good luck on ya.
Small Block

Thanks for the kind words, and yes I'm aware your B body site. Hope you get that 64 done soon.

Gorgeous work you have done there. I think your hemi builder is a good ol' Canadian boy from up here from the Port Hope area?? Sweet car, sorry about the health issues and good luck.

Gorgeous work you have done there. I think your hemi builder is a good ol' Canadian boy from up here from the Port Hope area?? Sweet car, sorry about the health issues and good luck.

Yes he is, but he's well known in the Mopar world everywhere. Thanks for the compliments. I've been a member here for a while, a couple years ago I had a sweet Dart Swinger. I'm just trying to find a new market. I realize times are tough but somewhere out there is someone who will appreciate the effort I've put into this car. I've seen Hemi re-creations sell for between $40k and $120k. I think this car should be on the upper end when finished.

Yes he is, but he's well known in the Mopar world everywhere. Thanks for the compliments. I've been a member here for a while, a couple years ago I had a sweet Dart Swinger. I'm just trying to find a new market. I realize times are tough but somewhere out there is someone who will appreciate the effort I've put into this car. I've seen Hemi re-creations sell for between $40k and $120k. I think this car should be on the upper end when finished.

I have heard Tims name quite a few times locally and at the car shows, but its cool to "hear" his name on the net. Dwight Voorstville is quite the hemi guy too, I dont think he builds his engines I think Tim does that, but Dwight has a few 67-9 cudas with hemis that he races. Not that Im not into the hemis, its just my wallet and bank acct that isnt!!LOL Happy New Year and good luck with the sale! It is gorgeous

Bump for a super clean 65! The Swinger survivor you had was fantastic too, good luck with the sale.

Wishing you well!

man you are so close! you should get a kid like me in there to help you finish it...

Bump For a Beauty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back