1966/'69 A100 Twins Build

-
Not exciting in Motobase white but that is just the middle band. Tomorrow taping early and then it will be visible from aircraft in safety cone orange (SPI orange)! Then many coats of SPI Universal clear. Flipped to keep the base out of the UVs this afternoon. Sealer was 25% reduced epoxy.

IMG_6118.jpeg

IMG_6119.jpeg

IMG_6120.jpeg

IMG_6121.jpeg

IMG_6122.jpeg

IMG_6123.jpeg

IMG_6125.jpeg

IMG_6126.jpeg

Last edited:
That two tone gonna look awesome!

Whats the plans for that other one? That one not rusty? Maybe do small block stroker for that one burn some tires up?

Did you repair the rusted roof skin or get another skin from a donor vehicle? I looked through thread and youtube wasn't able to find that info?

Now that was a LONG stressful day. A few flaws to fix then wet sand out the peel and 3 more coats of Universal clear.

IMG_6128.jpeg

IMG_6129.jpeg

IMG_6130.jpeg

IMG_6131.jpeg

IMG_6132.jpeg

IMG_6133.jpeg

IMG_6134.jpeg

IMG_6135.jpeg

IMG_6136.jpeg

Looks nice Jim! I'm sure that was a loooooong day, for sure. I'd say the areas in the middle, right behind the rotisserie posts were not easy to do without running or letting it get to dry. You sure did a nice job, plus the color scheme is awesome.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks nice Jim! I'm sure that was a loooooong day, for sure. I'd say the areas in the middle, right behind the rotisserie posts were not easy to do without running or letting it get to dry. You sure did a nice job, plus the color scheme is awesome.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It was a long day... Jack Daniels is helping me recover now...

OMG color!! This is why me (and probably others) keep watching! You da man!! Looks gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Really great job as usual. I found an A100 on Facebook that looks like a pretty good deal to me and was wondering if you could give me your opinion of what you think about it. Thanks, Steve
1968 Dodge A100

Ah yes the Deer Slayer... that is a lot of work to get that nose fixed. You up to that? If the rest of the truck is solid that would not be a bad deal.

One side and the nose are wet sanded to a smooth peel free finish. Have a number of issues to hit with an airbrush and base after this exercise. This is why I like solid base a few shots to fix any problems will never show after the next round of the final 4 coats of Univerals Clear. One note here is you have to be sure you have a base that can be sanded and activated and a cap-full of clear activator added to each quart of sprayable base was used. The wash shows how it will look after the next round of clear then cut and buff.

IMG_6151.jpeg

IMG_6152.jpeg

IMG_6155.jpeg

IMG_6154.jpeg

IMG_6153.jpeg

Ah yes the Deer Slayer... that is a lot of work to get that nose fixed. You up to that? If the rest of the truck is solid that would not be a bad deal.
From the pictures I think I could handle it. But seeing it in person might be whole different story. I think I'm way back at the end of the line for this one anyway. Lots of people interested. My wife always wanted an El Camino so I don't know if I could talk her into this one. Lol

When things are going bad you should stop and regroup the next day. I did not and took backwards progress yesterday. Most everything is unscrewed up now. Mask the LH side and fix a few thing on the white in the morning and it is finally clear time. The fixing the screw ups actually helped clean up a lot of little things that were bugging me so all was not for nothing. The color division lines are super crisp now.

IMG_6156.jpeg

IMG_6158.jpeg

IMG_6159.jpeg

IMG_6160.jpeg

IMG_6161.jpeg

-
Back