IMG_7489.jpeg
IMG_7490.jpeg
IMG_7491.jpeg
IMG_7492.jpeg
IMG_7493.jpeg
IMG_7494.jpeg
IMG_7495.jpeg
IMG_7496.jpeg

As retired electrical engineer this is the part I have been dreading. I did this for 25 years and have had enough! The heat is on so limiting my time in the garage until the summer rains start and it cools off some.
Ordered only #8 screw 90 degree push on fittings and of course the fuel sender is #10, finding what size they are in descriptions is painful but I have some #10s coming. Also need to get some license plate lights but the wiring is there. It’s getting hard to find 1157 and 1156 socket repair kits but I managed so the tail and backup lights are restored. Tomorrow run it into the cab and get the dome lights working and the wires run down the A pillar post. Yes I ran a chaser wire so pull these down before it started assembly.

IMG_7580.jpeg
IMG_7581.jpeg
IMG_7582.jpeg
IMG_7583.jpeg
IMG_7584.jpeg
IMG_7585.jpeg
IMG_7586.jpeg
IMG_7587.jpeg
IMG_7588.jpeg

Ever have one of those days. One step forward one step back. Worst part is I forgot to put a hole in the roof repair on the RH side to get the RH dome lamp wiring through. Luckily the Quiet Ride panels allow some flexibility where I can run the harness and not see it. All run and tested. Tomorrow install the connectors and then it’s time for the main harness. After tomorrow I won’t be distracted with a Tiny Farm wagon restoration for a friends first grand baby.

IMG_7596.jpeg
IMG_7597.jpeg
IMG_7598.jpeg
IMG_7599.jpeg
IMG_7600.jpeg
IMG_7601.jpeg
IMG_7602.jpeg

Well.....looks like you did too good of a job on the little wagon. Now they're gonna bring you the little tractor because it looks bad next to the wagon! lol. Did you get some red base from SPI?

:thumbsup:

Well.....looks like you did too good of a job on the little wagon. Now they're gonna bring you the little tractor because it looks bad next to the wagon! lol. Did you get some red base from SPI?

:thumbsup:

Single Stage Lacquer mixed to match original

Nothing but good things to say about Clesters seals for the A100. Door seals had the correct anchor pins and fit perfectly. They don’t have that flat flap on the front edge though like the Precision ones did but these actually fit. This is just a piece of foam glued on the Precision so I will find a piece of flat foam to make this piece. Same with the rear window, fit perfectly. Call Starr to get yours.
Clester's Auto Rubber Seals.

IMG_7607.jpeg
IMG_7608.jpeg
IMG_7610.jpeg
IMG_7611.jpeg
IMG_7612.jpeg
IMG_7613.jpeg

IMG_7614.jpeg

IMG_7615.jpeg

Drivers Clesters door seal in and drying. Remembered I had some foam sheeting. Cut a template out of cardboard and made some flaps for the front edge of the door that these seals are lacking.

IMG_7629.jpeg
IMG_7628.jpeg
IMG_7627.jpeg

Garage cleaning and parts prep for the last of the A100 parts. Built engine cradle to help with install later.

IMG_7647.jpeg
IMG_7648.jpeg

IMG_7649.jpeg

IMG_7650.jpeg

Quitting time before it do something dumb because I’m tired and hot. Only found one wire I forgot to run so far. Luckily it was an easy fix. Tomorrow wire up the front lights and fuse box and time to see if applying power works or it bursts into flames.

IMG_7679.jpeg
IMG_7680.jpeg
IMG_7681.jpeg
IMG_7682.jpeg
IMG_7683.jpeg
IMG_7684.jpeg
IMG_7685.jpeg
IMG_7686.jpeg
IMG_7687.jpeg

IMG_7680.jpeg

Seems like it will never end. Does not look like much but headlights are done, parking lights are done, turn signals are done, turn signal switch is done (may need some arm bending once the wheel is installed to cancel) and all was hot wired to test. Next is the fuse box and once that is in and wired it all should function normally.

IMG_7698.jpeg
IMG_7699.jpeg
IMG_7700.jpeg
IMG_7701.jpeg

Summit is amazing at shipping. Three days to the middle of nowhere. Old cluster housing to help with wire lengths and the cluster wiring will be next. The 3 original bake-o-lite fuse holders are just too brittle for me to feel comfortable in selling. I know how to handle it since I restored it. I got a fuse panel with the pile of parts that came with the trucks so I’ll be wiring this in. I won’t like it as it looks out of place but it will be safer for a new owner.

IMG_7705.jpeg

IMG_7706.jpeg

IMG_7708.jpeg

Spent the day in town for some friends retirement festivities so did not get to the garage till late and it was 90+ in there. Sometimes you just have to take the little victories then get a cold beer.

IMG_7713.jpeg
IMG_7714.jpeg
61C2CE84-B3C7-4B11-BF4D-F5AFBA6CB43E.jpeg

I have finally completed something!!!!!! Took the rear springs in to my machine shop buddy and we pressed in the Springs and Things front bushings on the rear leaf springs (save yourself lots of grief and just call Laura at ESPO Springs and Things she knows EXACTLY the right bushings and even has correct transmission hanger bushings). The rear suspension is in and torqued, fuel system in the back is complete, parking brake is complete and installed. Hot rodded the rear drums in red for extra power.

IMG_7728.jpeg
IMG_7729.jpeg
IMG_7730.jpeg
IMG_7731.jpeg
IMG_7732.jpeg
IMG_7733.jpeg
IMG_7734.jpeg
IMG_7735.jpeg
IMG_7736.jpeg
IMG_6677.jpeg

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Parking Lights, Headlights, Turn Signals, Brake Lights, Horn, 4 Way Hazards, all Dash Indicators, Guages and Lights, front/rear brake circuit Sentinel Light, new Fuse Box and Wiper Switch all functional!!!! Tomorrow hook up the wiper motor, cigarette lighter and blower motor wire and the wiring is done from the doghouse forward.

Oh and this harness matches the OEM in wire colors and connectors.

IMG_7752.jpeg
IMG_7753.jpeg
IMG_7754.jpeg
IMG_7755.jpeg
IMG_7756.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back