Not open for further replies.

thewumpus99

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
For sale: 1967 Plymouth Barracuda coupe, parts car, BH23D72238491
Price: $300

Location: near Livermore, CO (north of Fort Collins, CO, just south of Laramie, WY and I-80)

I'm only in the same physical location as this vehicle for the next month, so it's priced to move quickly! But above all, my main priority is avoiding a parts car with a lot of good stuff on it turning into a crushed metal cube, which is exactly what a local Craigslist ad would lead to. So if you can't swing $300, msg me with your best offer.

The car was bought at a local Plymouth dealership here in Colorado, and is rust-free. It appears to have been driven until 1980 (based on the last license plate date) and then junked. The body was fine when I got it, so I'm guessing it was junked because it stopped running. In furtherance of this theory, the radiator on this car was totally clogged with old paper towels; I'm guessing someone stopped up the hoses and then forgot to clear them before they reinstalled the radiator. So my theory is that it got heat problems and this is what lead to it dying in 1980, if indeed it did die and not just get sold because it became unreliable.

Major stuff it has:
The engine compartment looks pretty complete
Complete 273 engine from the air cleaner down to the K-member
Complete transmission (I think a 904 since the car seems fairly stock, but the tires are flat and it's hard to see under there)
Wheels, brakes, hubcaps
Complete suspension
Complete frame
Complete rear differential (again, hard to see under there, but it looks like a 7 1/4" to me)
Broadcast sheet (I think, I'll have to look for this)
Trunk lid (dented, though)
Seats (ripped, though)
Dash (weathered, and cracked in one place; gauges missing except 120 mph speedo)
Rear bumper (dented, though)
Steering wheel
Spare tire with wheel
Gas tank

Major stuff it's missing:
Hood, doors, fenders, most of the quarterpanels, and front valence panel
Front bumper
Drip rail trim
Glass
Non-salvage title (I got it from a guy who runs a junkyard, so salvage title
should theoretically be available)

Basically, this is a great car if you need to do mechanical restoration work, but not if you're looking for replacement body parts. The interior looks mostly there but is in kind of a pile, and the dash and upholstery have seen better days.

If you have a question about a specific part, I'm happy to run out and take a look and see if it's there or not.

You can see photos at:
[ame="https://picasaweb.google.com/111344585689974283531/67PartsCuda?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJW4-LrMq6r0Ow&feat=directlink"]Moved Temporarily[/ame]

John

How much for the plastic spark plug holders on the valve covers? I need 2 but will buy them all. Thanks, mike. Pm me.

Sale pending but not yet completed. I will post an update when it is sold or if things fall through.

Regardless, I do not intend to part this car out. I am selling it all-or-nothing.

Thanks.

(Not sure why I don't have an EDIT button for the first post to change the overall thread subject to include "SOLD:", but I don't seem to?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back