1967 barracuda notch resto

-

themachine

Reaction score
well i bought this barracuda off a member on the forum late last Oct

my resto the past year

the Barracuda was originally a /6 car 3 speed on the column. when i bought it, it had a 318, mild cam 360 j heads and a 904 trans will a high stall which was a little too much for it. I drove the car home from San Antonio to find that the mopar performance valve covers were not seating all the way down dumping oil all over the intake as im driving down I -35 smoking like crazy

all in all i made it home using a few quarts of oil and replacing 2 flat tires. Glad i brought spares

as soon as i made it home i fixed the valve covers and replaced the worn out 650 holley that was leaking fuel. with a spare Edelbrock carb i had lying around .

now sold off the 318 and purchased a 383 big block fresh rebuild also got rid of the 904 and bought a 4 speed OD yes i know its not that strong but im building this car as a driver as work is about 25 miles each way

just finished doing a disc brake conversion and have an 8 3/4 ready to go in
about ready to start on 4 speed tunnel then onto moving the leaf springs in

here is some pictures of the progress no particular order

014-1.jpg

376.jpg

389.jpg

391.jpg

392.jpg

441.jpg

303.jpg

447.jpg

338.jpg

356.jpg

389-1.jpg

397.jpg

392-1.jpg

358.jpg

357.jpg

782.jpg

799.jpg

827.jpg

016-2.jpg

Nice job on the engine bay! It's good to see another notch in the forum and I'm looking forward to following your build. Keep it up!

well dropped the motor in this afternoon i ended up repainting the engine to the factory color as well im very happy with the way everything worked out

295.jpg

278.jpg

272.jpg

267.jpg

290.jpg

293-1.jpg

292.jpg

270.jpg

Looking great, subscribed, love seeing others go through these notches, my fav A body. Keep the work comin

Subscribed, looks Great!!! I love it when someone builds an awesome little car without spending a million dollars This is where our hobby should go back to .

Did you use the 67 K frame?

The wheel and tire combo looks real nice. What size are they?

Subscribed, looks Great!!! I love it when someone builds an awesome little car without spending a million dollars This is where our hobby should go back to .

Did you use the 67 K frame?

The wheel and tire combo looks real nice. What size are they?

THANK YOU!!

yes i just notched it for the oil pump on drivers side i purchased the trans dapt motor mounts from summit half the price of the schumacher and they seem to be fitting well with little modifications

yes im all about the Drive way builds!! i try my best to build/ do everything myself, I am 21 years old, a beginning fabricator at Austin Speed Shop, learning a lot very quickly i plan to mini tub the rear and move the springs in

wheels are 17 x8 bullitts in the front
i have a set of 18X 10 for the rear not sure if im using those or 17s will see on the rear right now are 20X8.5 bullitts i got off craigslist for a 100 bucks!! with the tires

thanks everyone

jeff

i havent been working on it much lately mostly been scouting out the parts for the 4 speed swap,
i also went to the local junkyard looking for a steering column without the column shift with manual steering if any of you guys have it let me know!

i havent been working on it much lately mostly been scouting out the parts for the 4 speed swap,
i also went to the local junkyard looking for a steering column without the column shift with manual steering if any of you guys have it let me know!

It is possible to convert the collar and bell on your column. Several owners have chosen this route rather than pay up to 200 bucks for a entire column.
A few of their various methods have been shared here and in other forums. I can't say which is the best method or even what search terms to try. I can say web searching could be more productive than roaming part yards. Good luck either way.

I have a manual steering shaft, You would have to manually convert your column as Redfish suggested. Had a column shift PS column, and a Floor shift, MS column, used them to make a Floor shift PS column.

THANKS!! hobby lobby, the small model paints for the silver and lettering then duplicolor cast iron for the grey and satin black

jeff

Dash looks awesome!! Could you go into more detail on the steps taken to accomplish that? My dash is in about the same shape as your prior to your paint job. Did you do any sanding to get the chrome off or?? Are you going to paint the glove box the same cast iron color as well?

Jim

Want to do another one?? lol

Dash looks awesome!! Could you go into more detail on the steps taken to accomplish that? My dash is in about the same shape as your prior to your paint job. Did you do any sanding to get the chrome off or?? Are you going to paint the glove box the same cast iron color as well?

Jim

Want to do another one?? lol

awesome AMX !!! i have a 68 javelin as well needs a lot of metal work in the quarters as they do not offer replacement quarters but anyways

back to the dash... yes i did sand the chrome down used 1000 grit to get most of the paint and chrome off i also sprayed it with a light coat of sand able black primer. Masking is the longest part i painted the center section first in gloss black then went back and re masked for the cast iron i used die cast model paints for the bezels around the gauges i chose the metallic silver and just used a simple smooth paint brush as you don't want to see the brush strokes you can by a package from the hobby store with a variety of different brushes . As for the lettering i used the finest paint brush i could find . you have to be careful as it is easy to mess up and get silver around the lettering in the background so take your time use very little paint .

i figured this was the best option for me personally, and very inexpensive over re-chroming i think i have maybe 25 dollars and 4hours if that into repainting the dash I am very happy with the way it turned out

if you have any other questions please feel free to ask!!

thank you for the comments!!!

jeff

picked up a big block A body radiator from the bone yard had it pressure tested core was shot so i took it to the radiator shop its $525!!! to get it re-cored im going to pass for now and see if i can get a new one instead

picked up a big block A body radiator from the bone yard had it pressure tested core was shot so i took it to the radiator shop its $525!!! to get it re-cored im going to pass for now and see if i can get a new one instead

I took some measurments I think i'm going to a wrecking yard and hunting for a newer one with shroud and fan setup on mine. Sure not a lot of room in between the radiator and clutch fan....

Nice job your doing.Nice seeing another notch being fixed up.

Attachments

• P7110057.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 371
-
Back