1967 Cuda FB project

-
The Paxton is a belt driven "centrifugal compressor", so I thought you were just being sly. The Paxton will mount anywhere you can drive it with a belt, and fit it, so they fit under the hood fine. Usual place is high on the driver's side. He should not have any problem squeezing it in, especially if he is willing to modify the driver's side inner fender. I'm not thinking he is squeamish in that department based on what I have seen. He can still incorporate the intercooler also!

Excuse my ignorance. So, you're saying that as long as you can drive it with a belt it can be mounted anywhere? Is there a set of mounts on the bottom of it and on the top of the intake that allow for coupling the two together with duct work? - And if so, is the duct work readily available? How efficient are they? If you mount a distance from the intake is there an issue with fuel pooling in the ducts? Sorry for all the questions. I'm sure I could've found the answers online elsewhere, but I've never had anyone pique my interest in them before. Are there any disadvantages to them as compared with the 'roots style' blowers. I can see the hood clearance advantage.

Excuse my ignorance. So, you're saying that as long as you can drive it with a belt it can be mounted anywhere? Is there a set of mounts on the bottom of it and on the top of the intake that allow for coupling the two together with duct work? - And if so, is the duct work readily available? How efficient are they? If you mount a distance from the intake is there an issue with fuel pooling in the ducts? Sorry for all the questions. I'm sure I could've found the answers online elsewhere, but I've never had anyone pique my interest in them before. Are there any disadvantages to them as compared with the 'roots style' blowers. I can see the hood clearance advantage.

Check out vortech and Paxton. Basically a belt driven turbo. We use them on fuel injected vehicles. The stock setup they sell will bolt on 75-100 hp. You can tune up from there. There are guys making 1000+ hp on a viper easy.
I just want to add about 75-100 hp to the Cuda, then I can say "I have a blownHemi!!!!" :glasses7:

Got the windshield down from the loft. I don't have to trim much even with the 2" chop as the gasket took up a lot of that. I think maybe at the most 1" off the top, maybe closer to 3/4".
I'll get pics today sometime. :D

Also gonna drag the 300 in to part it out this weekend. Lotsa goodies to retrofit. :burnout:

You can actually make more boost with a centrifugal supercharger and you can intercool them to get the air charge down.

Attachments

• IMG_0506.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 397
Here is windshield setting in opening. You can see how much smaller side to side the glass is than the size of the opening. I have the filler pieces for the sides. Just have to center the glass and get measurements for trimming.
View attachment 1714856552

View attachment 1714856553

View attachment 1714856554

View attachment 1714856555

View attachment 1714856556

Have you ever trimmed auto front glass?? I've seen it done on U Tube. It takes quite a bit of care because of all the stress that's in the glass.
If it was me I'd put filler metal pieces on the sides and trim the top (or bottom) to fit without a rubber gasket. This way the windshield guy can apply his urethane around the opening and bond the glass directly to the body like all new cars. You won't be able to use your glass molding but it will look "CLEAN"....I know because I did my Barracuda that way. Also it will never leak!!
But you probably already have a plan, just thought I'd let you see what it looks like without the trim.

Treblig

Attachments

• DSC01624.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 390
  • DSC02594.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 371
  • DSC05460.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 385
  • DSC05607.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 396
Have you ever trimmed auto front glass?? I've seen it done on U Tube. It takes quite a bit of care because of all the stress that's in the glass.
If it was me I'd put filler metal pieces on the sides and trim the top (or bottom) to fit without a rubber gasket. This way the windshield guy can apply his urethane around the opening and bond the glass directly to the body like all new cars. You won't be able to use your glass molding but it will look "CLEAN"....I know because I did my Barracuda that way. Also it will never leak!!
But you probably already have a plan, just thought I'd let you see what it looks like without the trim.

Treblig

Looks good Treblig!! But unless I'm mistaken I think Mitch is planning on eliminating the rubber seal altogether and sealing it with a urethane sealant.

View attachment 57784_8fc472d1-fb9c-4b20-933f-1bf008215804.jpg

View attachment maxresdefault.jpg

I have to get the engine out of the 300 so I can see what I have to build/fab to get the Paxton from the crashed viper to fit the Hemi............... chompin' at the bit here!!!
Plus, I have to make the heater box fit the Cuda. See if the sun roof fits. Man, lotsa work ahead.

Oh, and the 300 has a power telescoping, tilt wheel....................... :violent1:

AAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :violent2:

Treblig

See the wide rubber strip you have, mine will be about 1/4" wide. I will have to modify my inside panels to fit the smaller window holes but almost all of it is sheet metal so it will be easy.

I'm getting confused on the direction of the build. I'd envisioned it as remaining a bit more stark. - You know, more of a stripped down rally car but with modern touches. It's starting to seem more like a resto-rod. Not saying that any of the choices are bad but the telescoping column and sunroof sound pretty cushy and didn't fit with the vision I thought you had for the car.

Resto-rods seem to hit the sweet spot at places like Mecum. I'm amazed at how much some of them bring at auction. Definitely nothing wrong with those builds. If that is your concept, I'd certainly add as many of the modern touches as you can.

I'm getting confused on the direction of the build. I'd envisioned it as remaining a bit more stark. - You know, more of a stripped down rally car but with modern touches. It's starting to seem more like a resto-rod. Not saying that any of the choices are bad but the telescoping column and sunroof sound pretty cushy and didn't fit with the vision I thought you had for the car.

Resto-rods seem to hit the sweet spot at places like Mecum. I'm amazed at how much some of them bring at auction. Definitely nothing wrong with those builds. If that is your concept, I'd certainly add as many of the modern touches as you can.

I don't know if i'll put that stuff in,,, just looking at all the goodies has got my mind rolling. I am constantly thinking of ways to make some things fit where they were never designed to. Kinda ocd that way. lol

Having ankle surgery Tues AM... Be good to get rid of this pain. Trying to get things done before I can't walk around.... Really want to finish taking 300 apart this weekend. We'll see what happens.

Doctor and I ----> :axe:

Having ankle surgery Tues AM... Be good to get rid of this pain. Trying to get things done before I can't walk around.... Really want to finish taking 300 apart this weekend. We'll see what happens.

Doctor and I ----> :axe:

Was wondering what happened to you???/ Just remember when it comes down to the "Doctor" and "You"....the Doctor always wins!!!

Treblig

Well, survived a week at least. Still not fully up to snuff. Man, recuperation sure slows down the older you get. I hate it!
Pic of ride home a few hours after surgery.
View attachment 1714859905
This is what I have to deal with for 5 more weeks.
View attachment 1714859906

No weight bearing for 6 weeks,,, ugh... :wack:

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you're feeling better after a few days. Be sure and post some pics of the bodywork (on your ankle)!! LOL

Treblig

SHEESH!! First I thought you were going to look like Frankenstein. Now you're on the way to looking like he Mummy! I've heard that one of the worst things to think about is whether or not it itches under the cast, so I won't ask. - Hope it all went well.

Good luck healing my friend. I can wait till your better to keep up with your progress.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 282
With those plaid pajama bottoms I wasn't sure if you'd just come from the hospital or Walmart.

-
Back