1967 Dart 270

-
A chance to do some work today- I stripped the rest of the door panel hardware, rear quarter inner panel and hardware, rear window trim and rear window. Chrysler REALLY didn't want that rear window to leak, I have never seen so much sealer before. Interesting to note that the vinyl top was stapled in place in spots! Unreal. Also of interest was the crayon marks for the trim clips, the actual holes were all over the board though.

Attachments

• DSCN2911.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 563
  • DSCN2916.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 571
  • DSCN2915.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 570
Pulled the dash, heater core, drivers side fresh air vent and other related odds and ends this morning.

Attachments

• DSCN2931.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 550
  • DSCN2932.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 550
Got to work a bit more last night- Gutted the drivers door of all hardware and seals. Think I'll pull the doors right off the car for the shop.

More work today- The boys cleaned the bumpers and I painted the backsides with Rustolium Restore and Duplicolor Chrome paint to duplicate the factory look.

Drilled all the rivets out for the side trim, welded up the holes and ground them down. Ground down the vinyl top trim screws. Removed the "sidewings" of the headliner off the C-pillar. removed all the plugs in the floor. Did some welding in the drivers door latch area. Pulled the stainless trim that holds the window gasket in place on the roofline.

whew.

Attachments

• DSCN5126.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 522
  • DSCN5124.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 521
  • DSCN5122.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 534
Did a little work yesterday- Stripped the brake lines, master cylinder and prop valve from engine bay, pulled the ps pump and looped the return line to the pressure port, pressure washed the bay twice, removed some odds and ends from the firewall area.

Welded and ground down the trim holes on the passenger side of the car, welded up some holes around the back window. Wire wheeled the passenger side floor and coated both sides with POR-15 for good measure along with part of the firewall. Tested fitted the 4-speed hump and marked out on the floor what is to be removed.

Attachments

• DSCN3027.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 499
  • DSCN3024.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 497
Minor work tonight, sweltering out! Drilled hole in firewall for hood release, knocked dents out of the lower radiator support, sanded rusty spots in bay around battery and coated with POR-15

Boys and I busy today- Wire wheeled the fenderwells, fenders and inner covers, prepped and coated with POR-15. Welded up where someone had run speaker wires to the door, welded up extra hole for mirror. Pulled rocker panel trim off and attaching clips, pulled of pentastar from fender.

Attachments

• DSCN5164.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 474
  • DSCN5163.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 479
  • DSCN5162.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 472
Already to go to the body shop! Spent the last two days dealing with little stuff. Will post pics in a bit.

Body shop running a day or two behind so I welded this up today. Welded in a 1/4" piece of steel behind where the post resides, tomorrow I'll weld in the .040 piece and grind flat.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 455
That is looking better! Floor cut out for hump!

Attachments

• DSCN5211x.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 441
  • DSCN5210.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 436
Sweet! Parts are starting to go ON the car!

Attachments

• DSCN5255.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 412
Dart is at the body shop!

Attachments

• dart shop.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 420
Tonight we start sandblasting stuff and painting!

Some progress tonight! Slow but sure... The center of the pedal is slightly worn but you won't notice when my foot is mashing it to the floor.

Attachments

• DSCN5280.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 394
Some progress tonight! Slow but sure... The center of the pedal is slightly worn but you won't notice when my foot is mashing it to the floor.

Really nice finish on those parts. Did you just blast and paint or did you sand them after blasting? Good work! L8r

Jim

What do you think guys? I'm leaning towards B7 over B5. B3 is too pale for my taste.

Attachments

• DART CHIPS.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 362
  • DART OPTIONS.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 365
Just glanced at your thread. I'm looking forward to your progress. Car is looking great so far. Good luck with your build.

Both look good, but my personal pref is B5. L8r

Jim

Where I was leaning towards as well... but (you know that was coming!) my GTX is slated to get painted that color (verified as being the original color) so I am inclined to pick B7 to avoid having two cars the same hue. I'll give it some more thought, but my buddy is painting his Challenger B5 as well.

-
Back