1967 Dart GTS Whats it worth

-

Reaction score
I just thought I would ask if anyone know what a 1967 GTS Dart would be worth
with original paint #'s matching 383 and 727 a nice clean car. Would this be a fair trade + some cash from me for my 1969 340 4 speed restored swinger?
Thx

I think so.

There aren't too many out there. Especially first years.

There are lots of details missing here, but I'm going to venture and say yes.

I would do it, if I had the 340 car, even though I like small blocks and stick shifts a lot, there is nothing quite as nasty as a factory big block A body. They were short lived and rare when you did get to see them.

The engine and trans were not vin stamped in 67. So you can not have numbers matching, you can only have casting dates that would be inline with the build date.

Ask the seller to show you what numbers match what.

Other than that without pics (both cars) and some documentation that the 67 is a 383 GTS, how do you expect us to answer?

Or look at it this way..... I have a gold watch with a brown band, would it be a fair trade for my friends gold watch with a black band?

'67 Mopars don't bring as much value as '68+ because of the whole lacking serial no. thing, for the same engine/ trim package, but because this is a GTS, I'd say the values are about the same as your '69 car.

We sold a gorgeous '69 Swinger in B3 with a rubber floor, old lady car with 58k on it showing, and it did show. It went for about $24k

If the car really does look all original, there are ways to check for originality on cars that don't have serial stamped castings. You look for the right date casting, look for the correct cylinder head markings, valve covers, intake, trans date, etc.

Chebby guys typically have to go through all sorts of provenance to prove that they've got something, like a Baldwin, Z28, 409, SS or Yenko car that is correct and as original as possible.

I think the '67 Dart is gorgeous. Especially the GTS. If you do your homework, look for repainted stuff, poke around at odd details like throttle return spring brackets, coil brackets, the K frame, mounts and anything else that is difficult to reproduce accurately in the car and it really looks like the GTS is legit, I'd go for it.

Good example/ pics of a correct bracket, nut and bolt gig '67 GTS to compare what you are looking for;

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2011/12/19/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1967-dodge-dart-gts/

Things like the seat emblems, grille badge and big radiator are all hard things to fake.

I see a lot of "R/T" clones that someone slapped badges on and have wear marks in grilles where other badges used to be. Dash numbers are a dead giveaway, fender tag, etc.

If the badges and other GTS specific parts look to have the same level of wear as the rest of the car, that is also a good sign.

I has the proper casting dates on engine and trans. The car has different header,intake and carb on it but it comes with its original manifolds.intake carb.
The car has its build sheet and warranty card.

If he's got a build sheet with the right vin, the block and trans numbers are there and all of the original parts come with the car, that thing is a relic.

Personally, I think a 340/ gear jammer is a lot more fun to hit curvey roads with, but that GTS is business and I think is a bit more unique. Especially if it's good enough to cruise in it's original state. I wish I had a survivor in my garage, but they are just getting too expensive and too difficult to find, for my budget.

I think the Swinger is a bit more flashy, until you pop the hood on both cars. The GTS has the wolf in sheep's clothing thing going for it.

I've seen a lot more first year Swinger cars than first year GTS cars sold. I'd rather have a GTS for the big block factor, spine cracking torque and OMG factor at car shows, but it's entirely your gig.

Since I don't see anything, neither car is worth a dime.

15 million dollars. I got my *** kicked the last time I low-balled a "precious" 67-69.

I just thought I would ask if anyone know what a 1967 GTS Dart would be worth
with original paint #'s matching 383 and 727 a nice clean car. Would this be a fair trade + some cash from me for my 1969 340 4 speed restored swinger?
Thx

What is the color combo of the 67 383 auto GTS and your 69 340 4spd Swinger?

It sounds like your 69 Swinger is in better condition?

The 67 GTS's don't bring as much money as 68 and 69's 383 GTS's because:
they have more restrictive exhaust manifolds,
smallish AFB carb (smaller than 69 340
small 2bbl 383 valve heads.
small non HiPo cam
not as popular styling as 68 and 69.

Your 69 Swinger stock vs stock should be faster than the 67 383 GTS.

Same for same: a 67 383 GTS will be worth more than a 69 340 Swinger. But if your Swinger is a desirable color and since it's a 4spd that narrows the gap a lot.

although that '67 is rare as stated there are performance shortcomings.
..'69 has always been my favorite.

Good example/ pics of a correct bracket, nut and bolt gig '67 GTS to compare what you are looking for;

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2011/12/19/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1967-dodge-dart-gts/

Things like the seat emblems, grille badge and big radiator are all hard things to fake.

I see a lot of "R/T" clones that someone slapped badges on and have wear marks in grilles where other badges used to be. Dash numbers are a dead giveaway, fender tag, etc.

If the badges and other GTS specific parts look to have the same level of wear as the rest of the car, that is also a good sign.

That car has incorrect fender badges...'67 GTS won't say "Dart GT" on the fender...it will be "GTS"...all other badges will be "GT", including the trunk finish panel.

1967-Dodge-Dart-GTS_250966_low_res.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Dart-...190964472494&pt=US_Cars_Trucks#ht_13451wt_972

The 67 is a very nice car and is a true GTS car and all
the hard to find parts are included in the transaction.
I have verified all dates and as I said before just wanted to
get an idea how much more it's worth then my car .
Thx

I would trade, especially if condition is apples to apples! You can always find 69 340 swingers, but won't likely come across another 67 GTS anytime soon!! JMO of course...OR, trade me for my 67 GTX and ill trade him!! Geof

Your going to give him your car and pay him? Keep the swinger.

-
Back