1968 Barracuda Notchback BODY ?'S

1968 Barracuda Notchback DRIVER DOOR

• will a FASTback model fit the notchback?

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • will a convertible model fit the notchback?

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • or are they all the same?

Votes: 35 81.4%

• Total voters
-

BIG-B-Barracuda

Reaction score
hello everyone, i need help with knowing about the second GEN. barracuda.
i recently bought a 1968 Barracuda Notchback but i need a DRIVER side DOOR
i need help - is the 1967 - 1968 - 1969 DOORS the SAME? and will the fastback fit the notchback? or will the convertible fit the notchback? or all the same?
Need a quick answer from you Experts out there. thanks for your help. :happy1::burnout:
:sith:

Glass is different between notch and FB, that's all I know.

yes i did notice that much, Thank you for your response and reassurance.

luckily i have the old driver door, it was hit but the window was up so the glass is still good.

thanks again if you hear or notice any other details please let me know.

The doors are the same, as the other guy had stated the glass is differnt. There may be a small differance in the doors but they will work.

67 and 68 has some differences on how the arm rest mounts on the door so it isn't a bolt and go. There is also a different door lock location on the 69 and the door latch is different. Maybe someone can give better details.

69 door shell # is 2934470 and 2934471 is the same for vert, notch and fback, 68 is 2859512 and 2859513. The difference in the part #'s is the door lock location and some of the innards. If you swap one year door for another, just make sure you have the inside pieces(latch linkages etc) good luck!

The doorshells are the same 67-9...
The guts vary from year to year. Armrests are really the only differences between years.

Careful! Dang doors weigh a ton when they are loaded(complete).

For exact interchange you need to stay with the same year. That is why the part number changed for the shell in 1969 vs 1968. You can make any door fit between the 3 years but it will have differences if you don't use both doors. The glass is different on each model with in the year. Seems like there was something posted about mirror locations on the doors if I recall right.

Search the threads using the Search button http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/search.php? and you might find more information then has been posted so far.

Yep like Okla says technically the door will "fit" from an exterior appearance standpoint,but there are subtle differences between all 3 years. Mirror location, door lock location are 2 "visual" differences. body lines are the same though.

Great feedback. I understand this alot better now.
How about the difference between the notchback door and the FB door.
From what I understand the doors are the same but not the glass..

I have a 68 notch. I'm going to buy a door that came off a 67 not sure if it's from a notch or FB.

SO I'm trying to take in as much as I can before I make a purchase.

I have the glass from my old door I could replace into the 67 door.
But I'm worried that it won't fit because you guys suggested that the innards were different.
Should I be worried?

Yep as redfish said glass is different, one thing I learned recently from "vdart" is that one way to tell convertible glass on the bottom is flat. If you need help I'll try to help as much as I can, just pm me.

thank you. again. great feedback.

ok 4spdragtop.

i need some help with wheels and tires

i have some in mind but I'm confused with the sizes - what is the difference between 15x7 and 15x8? and tire sizes I'm thinking 225-60-15 in rear and 215-60-15 in front would that work out?

this seems like a terrible question but just to reassure my self.
which number is the width and the height on the tire size?
thanks again for all the help. -

Wheels and tires, I cant really help on as Im not at that point yet as far as what will and wont work. Tire sizes you posted are 225(width in mm) 60 is the % of the tire height vs width(profile) and 15 is tire height. Hope this helps

thank you. again. great feedback.

ok 4spdragtop.

i need some help with wheels and tires

i have some in mind but I'm confused with the sizes - what is the difference between 15x7 and 15x8? and tire sizes I'm thinking 225-60-15 in rear and 215-60-15 in front would that work out?

this seems like a terrible question but just to reassure my self.
which number is the width and the height on the tire size?
thanks again for all the help. -

Unless you have replaced the 4 inch bolt pattern with 4 1/2 inch pattern or gotten special made wheels in 15s you are stuck with 13s or 14s because that is all MaMopar offered.

There are a lot of little differences between the doors on all three years. They will bolt physically bolt on, but the little differences will drive you nuts. The wing window hardware for '67 is unique. The trim, door panels are all different. The mirror is a different location for '67. The door lock is farther forward on '69. 67-68 glass will interchange, 69 is different (per glass MFG catalog). There is clear glass and tinted glass. Notch, FB and convertible all have different shaped glass. Convertible also has the anti-rattle clip. Then some cars had the optional "arm burner" trim on the top of the door. A car that had the trim will have a set of holes on the top edge of the door.

I had doors from all three years, trying to find the "perfect" replacement for my driver's side door. One day a friend mentioned that he had a perfect door for a 1968. So now I am set.

Other than that they are the same...

For exact interchange you need to stay with the same year. That is why the part number changed for the shell in 1969 vs 1968. You can make any door fit between the 3 years but it will have differences if you don't use both doors. The glass is different on each model with in the year. Seems like there was something posted about mirror locations on the doors if I recall right.

Search the threads using the Search button http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/search.php? and you might find more information then has been posted so far.
Yup, and the convertible vent frames are different than the other models too. There was also a flow-through ventilation vent in the early doors. The convertible also used and extra alignment striker attached to the door above the latch so remember to transfer that over if you want it to look stock.

Wheels and tires, I cant really help on as Im not at that point yet as far as what will and wont work. Tire sizes you posted are 225(width in mm) 60 is the % of the tire height vs width(profile) and 15 is tire height. Hope this helps

215/60-15 is ~ 8.7" wide and ~ 25.2" tall.
225/60-15 is ~ 9" wide and ~ 25.6" tall.

I say approximate because each MFG is a little different and section width can vary with wheel width. Either tire will fit fine on a 7" wheel. What exact offset or backspace you need will depend on which spindle and brake package you are running. A 15x7 wheel with 4.5 backspacing would fit on the front of my car. Deeper backspace requires a larger diameter wheel. A 17x8 with 5.5 fits on my car with a 245/45-17 tire. I have '73-'76 A-body spindle with the '78 Cordoba brake rotor. Rear backspacing will depend on the axle you are using. Mine was custom made, so nothing I have done would apply to your case. Currently I have a 325/50-15 on a 15x10 with 6.5 backspacing under the car. This requires significant modifications.

I was able to fit 15" x 7", 4-1/4" BS steel rims, on 215/70/15's up front, and 275/60/15's out back. Only suspension mod was SS springs. 10" drums all the way around. The 2nd gen Barracuda's can fit some good sized rubber in the wheel wells.
Good luck!

Great help. Im having trouble finding some small pices for my barracuda what other web sites is there besides classic industries and year one ?

I need the barracuda and the actual barracuda fish that go on the trunk lid
Does any one know if the barracuda emblem that would normaly go on the fender on th 68 fit on the back trunk lid also?

Great help. Im having trouble finding some small pices for my barracuda what other web sites is there besides classic industries and year one ?

I need the barracuda and the actual barracuda fish that go on the trunk lid
Does any one know if the barracuda emblem that would normaly go on the fender on th 68 fit on the back trunk lid also?

The trunk Barracuda Script emblem is different from the fenders. I have a super nice used set of emblems for the trunk that I would sell. The fish is the hardest one to find. I bought the best I could find and since have scored a NOS set.

-
Back