1968 Barracuda - Side Marker Turn Signals

-

Chained_360

Delusional Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on rewiring my '68 Barracuda, and have a quick question on the side marker lights. I want to wire them such that they are on with the parking lights and headlights, but operate as turn signals as well. Just seeing if anyone has had success doing it this way. I found a thread on the B-body forums (Using Side Marker Light as secondary Turn signal indicator), but it seems like this won't work on '68 A-bodies since I believe the marker bulbs are grounded through the light housing/body panels.

A second option I found if the above method doesn't work is a daytime running light module (DRL-1 Daytime Running Lamp Module Installation) that would get the job done, though I'm not sure how I feel about adding DRLs to a classic... I am generally a fan of safety upgrades, but I don't like being able to turn off all of my lights while the engine is running. A work-around for this would be an additional switch that is open when the parking brake is engaged (opposite of the BRAKE switch) that supplies power to the DRL module rather than switched ignition.

Has anyone done either of these to their A-body successfully?

A side marker light cannot work as a headlight/turn signal light. You are correct as to the ground, but the bulb is only single filament. If you want lights all the time the engine is running, change the power source to the switch, maybe from the coil?

-
Back